• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

God in the workplace

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God in the workplace

A few years ago the prospect of telling people at work I was a Christian would have filled me with dread but then I encountered the Holy Spirit and I am now bursting at the seams. As Jeremiah puts it

"But if I say, "I will not mention him
    Or speak any more in his name,"
    His word is in my heart like a fire,
    A fire shut up in my bones.
    I am weary of holding it in;
    Indeed, I cannot." (Jeremiah 20:9)

When I worked in the City I would meet up with Christian friends at lunch, find the nearest church for prayer and fellowship. That was truly a blessing. I then moved on and found a contract in Canary Wharf. I was worried that my work spiritual life would decline as I knew fellow Christians who worked there but was not aware of any churches where we could go to for fellowship. However God had other plans, the guy sitting next to turned out to be a Christian. He worked on a different Programme and had no operational reason to interact with him. I would normally just say Hi, Good morning etc but one day we got chatting and lo and behold we clicked. We then found out about St. Peter's Barge. Amazing – It's packed out at lunchtimes with Christians from all over Canary Wharf meeting together, listening to the Word of God, praying and fellowship. Heads of Investment Banks, senior bankers, traders, regulators all meeting together to worship God during their lunch break. Fantastic. The God haters will have you believe that Christianity is on the decline. Yeah right. Revival is coming- you heard it here first.

St Peter's Barge
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Hold on. Who's the Holy Spirit? I bet you don't even know.

Comment

Hallelujah!

Comment

How many of them are calling for war in the Middle East, or is it just you?
        I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
          A few years ago the prospect of telling people at work I was a Christian would have filled me with dread but then I encountered the Holy Spirit and I am now bursting at the seams. As Jeremiah puts it

When I worked in the City I would meet up with Christian friends at lunch, find the nearest church for prayer and fellowship. That was truly a blessing. I then moved on and found a contract in Canary Wharf. I was worried that my work spiritual life would decline as I knew fellow Christians who worked there but was not aware of any churches where we could go to for fellowship. However God had other plans, the guy sitting next to turned out to be a Christian. He worked on a different Programme and had no operational reason to interact with him. I would normally just say Hi, Good morning etc but one day we got chatting and lo and behold we clicked. We then found out about St. Peter's Barge. Amazing – It's packed out at lunchtimes with Christians from all over Canary Wharf meeting together, listening to the Word of God, praying and fellowship. Heads of Investment Banks, senior bankers, traders, regulators all meeting together to worship God during their lunch break. Fantastic. The God haters will have you believe that Christianity is on the decline. Yeah right. Revival is coming- you heard it here first.

St Peter's Barge
          When I worked in the City I would meet up with friends and go to table-dancing bars.
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Let's take the barge and invade....France....In the name of St Peter

Comment

St Peter's Barge

Good for you Chico.

I trust these people have received the true message of Christ, and have Love in their Hearts, for without Love we are nothing.

Comment

Heads of Investment Banks, senior bankers, traders, regulators all meeting together to worship God during their lunch break. Fantastic.
                Oh I missed this bit. Deeply cringe worthy Chico. Even by your standards.

Comment

Really?

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
                  Good for you Chico.

I trust these people have received the true message of Christ, and have Love in their Hearts, for without Love we are nothing.

And who said god had the monopoly on love, Alf? Judging from the works of his followers (from their fruits shall ye know them) god seems pretty full of hate to me. Or at least he would if he existed.
                  Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by ALM
                    Oh I missed this bit. Deeply cringe worthy Chico. Even by your standards.
                    Being a "big hitter" himself, I'm sure he craves the company of others like himself.
                    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Working...
                    X