• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Message for HAB - It's now Thursday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message for HAB - It's now Thursday

Just in case you forgot
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Aye. I had something in my outlook calendar that made me check.

I think what happened yesterday is that there was nothing in my diary to sync me up. I am all alone here, working from home, and with only the odd contact with clients; one day merges with the rest. It is not healthy. Let this be a warning to anyone that thinks working from home would be nice - it drives you mental.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

I think what happened yesterday is that there was nothing in my diary to sync me up. I am all alone here, working from home, and with only the odd contact with clients; one day merges with the rest. It is not healthy. Let this be a warning to anyone that thinks working from home would be nice - it drives you mental.
      I am currently working from home, my problem is I don't seam to switch off at night or the weekend. I find myself going out to relax, before I would come home to relax.

I don't think I am going mental yet, how long does it take HAB?
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        I am currently working from home, my problem is I don't seam to switch off at night or the weekend. I find myself going out to relax, before I would come home to relax.

I don't think I am going mental yet, how long does it take HAB?
        That is another problem - the work day goes from getting up to going to bed. Ones household duties get mixed in too, so the efficiency goes down and I don't think I actually get any more done at all.

How long does it take - I think I am predisposed to being mental anyway.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Comment

That is another problem - the work day goes from getting up to going to bed. Ones household duties get mixed in too, so the efficiency goes down and I don't think I actually get any more done at all.

How long does it take - I think I am predisposed to being mental anyway.
          Do you take any long breaks? I am hoping to take 6 months off from Oct to March. I just hope my current contract lasts until Oct.

How long have you been at home?
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Too right. Do you ever slide out of bed straight into the office to "check some emails" and find it's suddenly 2pm and you think I really should get a shower and some breakfast?
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Too right. Do you ever slide out of bed straight into the office to "check some emails" and find it's suddenly 2pm and you think I really should get a shower and some breakfast?
              Aye. Except the shower bit.

Comment

Aye. Except the shower bit.
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working from home takes some getting used to. If doing something boring it can be very easy to find a reason to make yet another cuppa.

Working from home recently I realised something wasn't quite right when I would hear the postmans steps in the morning and I would run up to the letterbox, kneel down on my knees with the letterbox open looking out waiting for the mail to be posted. Luckily the postman knows me (kind of) and hopefully doesn't think I'm a complete loon. But he was quite surprised when he opened the out letterbox and heard a loud "moooorrniing".

I now work more from office!

Comment

Working...
                  X