• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PA announcements

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PA announcements

My least favourite: "Your attention please! This is a staff announcement."

If it's a staff announcement why do you want my attention?

Originally posted by expat View Post
    My least favourite: "Your attention please! This is a staff announcement."

If it's a staff announcement why do you want my attention?
    Clearly, it gives the contractors outside of IR35, time to put in their ear plugs so they don't have to listen to the message.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

"Cabin crew, doors to manual and cross check."
      Why can’t they check the doors politely them with getting cross?
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        "Cabin crew, doors to manual and cross check."
        Why can’t they check the doors politely them with getting cross?
        Bing Bong - Would passengers please return to their seats while the seat belt sign is lit.

<aside to co-pilot> Hang on this going to get lumpy!

Comment

There's one here that ends with something like:

"If you had any problems hearing this announcement, please contact the helpdesk..."

Muppets.

Comment

At 17:45

"There has been a change of platform:
            The 17:50 to XYZ will now leave from platform 26.
            Please note it takes 10 minutes to reach platform 26."

Well, it made me laugh. YMMV.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

"There may be 50 ways to leave your lover, but there are only 4 out of this airplane."

Pilot - "Folks, we have reached our cruising altitude now, so I'm going to switch the seat-belt sign off. Feel free to move about as you wish, but please stay inside the plane till we land... it's a bit cold outside, and if you walk on the wings it affects the flight pattern."

The pilot during his welcome message, "We are pleased to feature some of the best flight attendants in the industry... Unfortunately none of them are on this flight."

Upon landing hard the pilot gets on the Public Address system, "Sorry folks for the hard landing. It wasn't the pilot's fault, and it wasn't the plane's. It was the asphault."

"Smoking in the lavatories is prohibited. Any person caught smoking in the lavatories will be asked to leave the plane immediately."

"Remain in your seat with your seatbelt fastened and your seatback and tray upright until the airplane comes to a full stop at the gate and we extinguish the seatbelt sign. There are television cameras in the cabin, so if you get up before we stop, your picture will be transmitted by sattelite to a Flight Attendant Central, and you will never get another bag of peanuts again!"

"If your carry-on baggage won't fit in the overhead compartments, please, ram, cram or jam it under the seat in front of you."

"Last one off the plane must clean it!"

"Your seat cushions can be used for flotation; and, in the event of an emergency water landing, please paddle to shore and take them with our compliments."

On a delayed South West flight the flight attendant came on with an announcement, "We're sorry for the delay. The machine that normally rips the handles off your luggage is broken, so we're having to do it by hand. We should be finished and on our way shortly."

An arrival announcement, "We'd like to thank you folks for flying with us today. And, the next time you get the insane urge to go blasting through the skies in a pressurized metal tube, we hope you'll think of us here at US Airways."

On a Southwest flight (SW has no assigned seating, you just sit where you want) passengers were apparently having a hard time choosing, when a flight attendant announced, "People, people we're not picking out furniture here, find a seat and get in it!"

On a Continental Flight with a very "senior" flight attendant crew, the pilot said, "Ladies and gentlemen, we've reached cruising altitude and will be turning down the cabin lights. This is for your comfort and to enhance the appearance of your flight attendants."

On landing, the stewardess said, "Please be sure to take all of your belongings. If you're going to leave anything, please make sure it's something we'd like to have.

"Thank you for flying Delta Business Express. We hope you enjoyed giving us the business as much as we enjoyed taking you for a ride."

After a particularly rough landing during thunderstorms in Memphis, a flight attendant on a Northwest flight announced, "Please take care when opening the overhead compartments because, after a landing like that, sure as hell everything has shifted."

From a Southwest Airlines employee: "Welcome aboard Southwest Flight 245 to Tampa .. To operate your seat belt, insert the metal tab into the buckle, and pull tight.. It works just like every other seat belt; and, if you don't know how to operate one, you probably shouldn't be out in public unsupervised."

"In the event of a sudden loss of cabin pressure, masks will descend from the ceiling. Stop screaming, grab the mask, and pull it over your face. If you have a small child traveling with you, secure your mask before assisting with theirs. If you are traveling with more than one small child, decide now which one you love more."

"Weather at our destination is 50 degrees with some broken clouds, but we'll try to have them fixed before we arrive. Thank you, and remember, nobody loves you, or your money, more than Southwest Airlines."

"As you exit the plane, make sure to gather all of your belongings. Anything left behind will be distributed evenly among the flight attendants. Please do not leave children or spouses."

Another flight attendant's comment on a less than perfect landing: "We ask you to please remain seated as Captain Kangaroo bounces us to the terminal."

An airline pilot wrote that on this particular flight he had hammered his ship into the runway really hard. The airline had a policy which required the first officer to stand at the door while the Passengers exited, smile, and give them a "Thanks for flying our airline." He said that, in light of his bad landing, he had a hard time looking the passengers in the eye, thinking that someone would have a smart comment. Finally everyone had gotten off except for a little old lady walking with a cane. She said, "Sir, do you mind if I ask you a question?" "Why, no, Ma'am," said the pilot. "What is it?" The little old lady said, "Did we land, or were we shot down?"

After a real crusher of a landing in Phoenix, the attendant came on with, "Ladies and Gentlemen, please remain in your seats until Capt. Crash and the Crew have brought the aircraft to a screeching halt against the gate. And, once the tire smoke has cleared and the warning bells are silenced, we'll open the door and you can pick your way through the wreckage to the terminal."

Heard on a Southwest Airline flight. "Ladies and gentlemen, if you wish to smoke, the smoking section on this airplane is on the wing and if you can light 'em, you can smoke 'em."

A plane was taking off from Kennedy Airport . After it reached a comfortable cruising altitude, the captain made an announcement over the intercom, "Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. Welcome to Flight Number 293, nonstop from New York to Los Angeles . The weather ahead is good and, therefore, we should have a smooth and uneventful flight. Now sit back and relax... OH, MY GOD!" Silence followed, and after a few minutes, the captain came back on the intercom and said, "Ladies and Gentlemen, I am so sorry if I scared you earlier. While I was talking to you, the flight attendant accidentally spilled a cup of hot coffee in my lap. You should see the front of my pants!" A passenger in Coach yelled, "That's nothing. You should see the back of mine."
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X