• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

People that won't listen.. Grrrrr

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People that won't listen.. Grrrrr

Just been to try and get my security badge renewed. Standing behind the lady trying to find me on the system. Completely IT illiterate. Keeps clicking the x to close the whole app rather than going back a screen so has to log in every time... I stand there keeping schtum... patience flowing through my fingers like water....

Gets to searching my last name and does it in capitals, doesn't work so she quits app. Does it again... Third time I point the tip on the status bar saying don't use capitals and she snaps at me 'I know what I am doing'... Am like WTF.. obviously not! She does it in caps once more and 5th time gets in right.

Ok we are getting somewhere....

My identifier is 3 letters 3 numbers. You have to tab from letters box to numbers box but she has her head down typing it all in the first box... Quits App again...

I point out she has to tab to next field. She then turns round and gives me a gob full about doing this for x number of years etc etc.. mad

WTF is that about? I hate that. There is nothing wrong with not being able to do something but being an arse and having a go when I point two simple things out does my nut in!!!

no doubt she will be letting steam off to the other women about me being an bolshy arse with her and denying the fact she couldn't do it.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Can you invoice for the time she’s wasting?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Just been to try and get my security badge renewed. Standing behind the lady trying to find me on the system. Completely IT illiterate. Keeps clicking the x to close the whole app rather than going back a screen so has to log in every time... I stand there keeping schtum... patience flowing through my fingers like water....

Gets to searching my last name and does it in capitals, doesn't work so she quits app. Does it again... Third time I point the tip on the status bar saying don't use capitals and she snaps at me 'I know what I am doing'... Am like WTF.. obviously not! She does it in caps once more and 5th time gets in right.

Ok we are getting somewhere....

My identifier is 3 letters 3 numbers. You have to tab from letters box to numbers box but she has her head down typing it all in the first box... Quits App again...

I point out she has to tab to next field. She then turns round and gives me a gob full about doing this for x number of years etc etc.. mad

WTF is that about? I hate that. There is nothing wrong with not being able to do something but being an arse and having a go when I point two simple things out does my nut in!!!

no doubt she will be letting steam off to the other women about me being an bolshy arse with her and denying the fact she couldn't do it.
      I don't know if you have to record your time on the clientco timesheet system (if they have one), but you could always charge your time (that you could have been doing work) to their project code.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        amusing story
        Well, it's billable time, so I'd stand there all day if I needed to

Comment

To relieve the tension, crack one off behind her back.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            To relieve the tension, crack one off behind her back.
            LOL. Clippy you are one very disturbed individual. Keep em coming....

Comment

Security people are selected for their stubbornness and imperviousness to persuasion, argument or reason. Con artists play on people's willingness to help, their common sense, and their sympathy, so it helps to choose security staff without any of those characteristics.

Receptionists meanwhile are selected for the opposite traits - which is why in any given office, the security guards and reception spend all day less than 10 feet from each other but you'll never see them chatting.

Comment

Class NorthernLadUK behaviour.

So let me see, you wonder up to someone who's being doing a job for 10 years. Immediately get impatient and tell her she's doing it wrong and then get offended when she tells you to F Off

Did you go then go back and erase the CCTV to get rid of the whole incident?

What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

So let me see, you wonder up to someone who's being doing a job for 10 years. Immediately get impatient and tell her she's doing it wrong and then get offended when she tells you to F Off

He's not the sharpest tool in the box, now, is he?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

LOL a great example of how a potted summary of a situation can twist it into something that doesn't even begin to reflect the initial situation.

I didn't tell her she was doing it wrong. I pointed out it said no capitals in the tips box when she was typing in capitals and that she needed to tab to next box to type letters in as clearly stated on the screen. I do get offended when she is clearly doing it wrong but cannot see the wood for the trees and bites my head off.

Very different.

Comment

Working...
                    X