• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Forum Preview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Forum Preview

Thanks for all your suggestions about the new forum. Have pretty much gone with Nick's suggestion for the layout in terms of putting the business end of things up the top and General and LR at the bottom...

Nick has done a wicked job of making it look nicer and there is some new functionality that we have added too.

We are still putting the finishing touches on and expect to upgrade this forum next week depending on when Nick is available.

If you want to see the new forum in its current state and you are capable of editing your hosts file then send me a PM and I will shoot over details of how to view it. Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Will leave it in your and Nicks capable hands. Just make sure we can swear in the "Bear Pit" or whatever its called.
    See Mumsnet allowed swearing and now they're all over the place in the press, deciding the course of the election etc.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Hey SAS. Thanks for the vote of confidence in Nick, if I were half as capable as he I would be happy.

Swearing has been a big bug bear and being shamed about it by Mums net has certainly made us consider our take on censorship. I think you may enjoy the new forum

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Will leave it in your and Nicks capable hands. Just make sure we can swear in the "Bear Pit" or whatever its called.
        See Mumsnet allowed swearing and now they're all over the place in the press, deciding the course of the election etc.
        Grovelling little turd!

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
          Swearing has been a big bug bear and being shamed about it by Mums net has certainly made us consider our take on censorship. I think you may enjoy the new forum
          where is the 'face palm' smilie?

<face palm> I give it less than an hour before we have a "show us yer n###s" thread/comment..
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
            where is the 'face palm' smilie?

<face palm> I give it less than an hour before we have a "show us yer n###s" thread/comment..
            An hour.... thats generous chef

It could replace TPD...
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              An hour.... thats generous chef

It could replace TPD...
              Only if they start allowing inline images again
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                I'm looking forward to seeing what happens to the tag cloud...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Grovelling little turd!
                  WHS+1
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I'm looking forward to seeing what happens to the tag cloud...
                    I suspect the phrase "chutney spoon" will feature prominently, amongst others.
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                    X