• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Glastonbury line up announced !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glastonbury line up announced !!

announced today..

U2, Muse, Stevie Wonder, Faithless, Orbital, Flaming Lips, Pet Shop Boys (), Snoop Dogg, Slash, Ray Davies, Mos Def and loads more..

with strong rumours that Coldplay, Lady Gaga and Rolf Harris are doing the opening slots each day

less than 10 weeks away, I can't wait..

anyone else going?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Meh - we're off to lattitude
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Gordon Bennet. Some of those are going back a bit. Wife tells me we saw Bob Dylan once although for the life of me I can't remember it.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Is it time for the annual "I used to go to Glastonbury before it got all corporate and sold out" thread already?
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
          Is it time for the annual "I used to go to Glastonbury before it got all corporate and sold out" thread already?
          it seems so, well, just thought I'd ask if anyone will be joining me.. it seems not

and yes some of them are going back a bit, but they're just the ones I'm looking forward to seeing as well as some of the yoof new fangled bands..

Comment

Sitting in a field, listening to tulip music and covered in poo.

Nah. If I want to do that I'll go to my parents house in South Devon and sit in the cow field at the back of the house.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Are Jedward playing this year?
              If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

'Flaming Lips' are the must see band from that list IMO.

I've already seen 'em.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                  announced today..

U2, Muse, Stevie Wonder, Faithless, Orbital, Flaming Lips, Pet Shop Boys (), Snoop Dogg, Slash, Ray Davies, Mos Def and loads more..

with strong rumours that Coldplay, Lady Gaga and Rolf Harris are doing the opening slots each day

less than 10 weeks away, I can't wait..

anyone else going?
                  Jesus, if you were a music fan I take it you go for the drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Sitting in a field, listening to tulip music and covered in poo.
                    you could always watch it on the BBC if it was the atmosphere and "roughing it" that bothers you, maybe then you'd also see that there is a HUGE variety of music from all backgrounds for all tastes and that only those severely high on drugs are the ones actually covered in poo (although I've never seen it myself)

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
                    Are Jedward playing this year?
                    nope, although NDubz are playing in one of the dance tents which is pretty unfortunate

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Jesus, if you were a music fan I take it you go for the drugs.
                    Obviously my taste in music is different from yours and if it helps I've found that some of the best surprises are watching bands you wouldn't normally pay to watch or know to listen to, but, seeings as you've gone for a wander/bimble around then you discover them or friends recommend them.. one such example was Leonard Cohen, I'd never heard of him but thought I'd give him a listen, it turns out I knew quite a lot of his stuff and it was a really good show.
                    Last edited by chef; 16 April 2010, 08:27.

Comment

Working...
                    X