• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New financial crash predictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New financial crash predictions

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/ger...-credit-crisis

George Soros Warns Of Biggest Market Crash To Come, As "We Are Facing A Yet Larger Bubble" Than During Credit Crisis

George Soros, speaking at a meeting organized by The Economist, warns all those who are throwing their money into the equity pit, that "the financial world is on the wrong track and that we may be hurtling towards an even bigger boom and bust than in the credit crisis." Advice from Soros or from CNBC. You decide. Reuters reports that Soros said "the same strategy of borrowing and spending that had got us out of the Asian crisis could shunt us towards another crisis unless tough lessons are learned." We hope all those who are buying stocks have very tight stop loss triggers.

“The success in bailing out the system on the previous occasion led to a superbubble, except that in 2008 we used the same methods,” he told a meeting hosted by The Economist at the City of London’s modern and impressive Haberdashers’ Hall.

“Unless we learn the lessons, that markets are inherently unstable and that stability needs to the objective of public policy, we are facing a yet larger bubble.

“We have added to the leverage by replacing private credit with sovereign credit and increasing national debt by a significant amount.”

The one thing allowing those invested to sleep at night is the observation that it took 10 years between the 1998 Asian crisis and the 2008 credit crisis. "If the pattern is repeated, it should at least mean we have another 8 years to go before the next crash."

We would take the under on that. In 1998 and all the way through 2008, developed countries as a percentage of their GDPs were at most half od where they are now. At this point the entire credit house of cards continues to exist only so long as credit conditions for US sovereign debt can be massaged by the Fed enough that the world forgets there are is $10 trillion in debt issuance on deck over the next decade (a conservative estimate). It is a virtual impossibility that the money printer of even what may still be considered the reserve currency (although that distinction is rapidly shifting back to gold once again) can withhold a multi-trillion issuance onslaught and a multi-trillion corporate/CRE refi wave with 10 Years at under 4%. The next crisis will, as Soros points out, begin in the sovereign debt arena. In fact, it has already begun. Here is Reuters with an extended report on Greece's formal request for IMF aid. Net result - add another $560 billion in public leverage to the system.
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

"If the pattern is repeated, it should at least mean we have another 8 years to go before the next crash."

Or to put it another (more positive) way, 8 more years of boom to make me very wealthy indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      "If the pattern is repeated, it should at least mean we have another 8 years to go before the next crash."

Or to put it another (more positive) way, 8 more years of boom to make me very wealthy indeed.

Im annoyed about lasts Marchs crash. I stuck 40k into shares. Including £20K into Barclays at 48p. I of course sold the bloody things for 58p a few days later. A cool 4.5k profit.

It's almost at £4 now!!!!!!!!!!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Im annoyed about lasts Marchs crash. I stuck 40k into shares. Including £20K into Barclays at 48p. I of course sold the bloody things for 58p a few days later. A cool 4.5k profit.

It's almost at £4 now!!!!!!!!!!
        Knowing when to sell shares is a lot harder than knowing when to buy them I've found.

Comment

Knowing when to sell shares is a lot harder than knowing when to buy them I've found.

I made £18K for last year.

I could have made £160K

Comment

Unless Greece is the spark to light the touchpaper of course!
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Dear Cretins,

The "current economic climate" is a brand name for the few that preside above the many. They make money out of us, whether up or down. They intend to make even more money out of us, and gain even more control by crashing the markets again. Soros' comments are meerly preparing public opinion on what is to come.

Last year's doom is only on hold until the General Election. After which business as usual and down down down.

Do as the hedge funds, fill yer boots.

HTH

SY01

PS When the markets all start sliding after the election I expect kudos. HTH.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                The "current economic climate" is a brand name for the few that preside above the many. They make money out of us, whether up or down. They intend to make even more money out of us, and gain even more control by crashing the markets again. Soros' comments are meerly preparing public opinion on what is to come.
                Why would Soros give a **** about the likes of you or me?

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Last year's doom is only on hold until the General Election. After which business as usual and down down down.

<snip>

PS When the markets all start sliding after the election I expect kudos. HTH.
                No kudos for you I am afraid. There are a lot of people expecting the same to happen and have been for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                  Why would Soros give a **** about the likes of you or me?

No kudos for you I am afraid. There are a lot of people expecting the same to happen and have been for a while.
                  Ive been waiting for the market to crash since 5200(mainly cause I sold out to early). Its bound to crash.

Doomed. I tell you! DOOMED!

Comment

There is a crash approximately every ten years. This is still the mother of all bull markets, and will continue to be so, well for a few years, and then it will crash again.

I always say check your dividend yield, because mine yielded 4% last year. 2% is the norm. In a bubble it'll be 1% or less.

At this rate I'll have my money back in dividends in 20 years.

Invest in things that will always be there. like Telcos, Oil & mining.

Enjoy the ride.

...oh and save cash for the next crash...if it's caused by extended credit, that's fantastic, because hardup hedgefunds will be forced to sell stocks at rock bottom prices, just like last year, and you can hoover them up.

I'm better off as a result of the crash, because it was an opp. to buy even more stocks at well undervalued prices.
                    Last edited by BlasterBates; 16 April 2010, 07:48.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X