• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

F1 crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F1 crash

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8624282.stm

When did you last check your wheel nuts?
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8624282.stm

When did you last check your wheel nuts?
    Cool as bloody cucumbers these guys arn't they...

Buemi said: "From in the car it was not a problem. I just lost both wheels."
    and later

There's not much to say about what happened. I braked, the wheels came off and that was it.
    Any more laid back and he would be horizontal!!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Bus lost it's back wheel outside my house last year when the bolts sheared, obviously due to them not checking the nuts enough. Wheel flew off hitting my neighbours wall and flew across the road just missing a polce car coming in the other direction, copper said of the wheel had hit the car it probably could have killed one of them such was the force. Bolts were flying about as well and could have taken someones head off.

It was an el cheapo bus company with recks of buses run by a gangster for money laundering who I refused to use anyway. Shame I could not stop them driving up my road,

Comment

He try's to steer away from the wall.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Cool as bloody cucumbers these guys arn't they...

Any more laid back and he would be horizontal!!
          Puts me in mind of the quote I read earlier from the captain of BA Flight 09 when all 4 engines on his 747 failed due to flying through volcanic ash...

Originally posted by Captain Eric Moody, BA Flight 09
          Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control. I trust you are not in too much distress.
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

It's a cunning ploy to make formula one interesting. All teams will now be required to use clown cars.
            If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              Puts me in mind of the quote I read earlier from the captain of BA Flight 09 when all 4 engines on his 747 failed due to flying through volcanic ash...
              I have the book about the incident at home in the to read pile. I jokingly said to my wife that I would bring it away this week to read on the plane...

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
                I have the book about the incident at home in the to read pile. I jokingly said to my wife that I would bring it away this week to read on the plane...
                I bet that went down like a sack of Tulip.....

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                  I bet that went down like a sack of Tulip.....
                  No, they managed to glide for.....oh, I see what you mean
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                    No, they managed to glide for.....oh, I see what you mean
                    Shh - don't spoil it. I don't know if anyone survived!!

The book is "All Four Engines Have Failed" if anyone is interested.

Comment

Working...
                    X