• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OMG hotel prices in Berlin...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG hotel prices in Berlin...

Just booked a 4 star suite for 60 euros!!!!!

The same room in boring bedfordshire would cost me £150 easily

I'm liking Berlin already....
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Just booked a 4 star suite for 60 euros!!!!!

The same room in boring bedfordshire would cost me £150 easily

I'm liking Berlin already....
    But is 4 * in Berlin equivilent to 4 * in the UK?
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
      It means you can see at least four stars through the hole in the ceiling.

Comment

Good question: is anywhere else as poor as a 4* in the UK ?

Comment

But Berlin is very grey and dull and hardly the vibrant city that would require higher payment for the same accomodation...

Don't get me wrong it is a very interesting place but found it grey and dull and pretty depressing at times.

Been to better places and paid a more expected rate....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I hope not. Last time I stayed in the best western in bedford I thought I time warped back to the 70's.

Looking at the pictures in Berlin the rooms were modern and access to a spa, perfect.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              I hope not. Last time I stayed in the best western in bedford I thought I time warped back to the 70's.

Looking at the pictures in Berlin the rooms were modern and access to a spa, perfect.
              Best Western, especially the one I stayed in Detroit, isn't known for it's quality comforts.

I don't know what * rating Travelodge is in, but it is far better then the Best Western Hotel I stayed in.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Funny thing the more backwards or scruffy you think a city is the hotel/service reflects exactly the opposite. Been to a few backwater(ish) cities in Europe and the quality of service and accomodation is embarrasingly good compared to our slapdash attitudes.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

yes went to berlin for brothers stag do

hotels were cheap but very good - never seemed to get up for breakfast so cannot comment on food!

if you are over there for a jolly do a search for walking tours - take about 3-4 hours and take in all the major sites throughout berlins history - i found it fascinating

one thing i did struggle to find was decent bars/clubs - plenty of places to buy beer but they all seemed a bit dull - maybe I was in the wrong area!

Comment

Best Western, especially the one I stayed in Detroit, isn't known for it's quality comforts.

I don't know what * rating Travelodge is in, but it is far better then the Best Western Hotel I stayed in.
                    Best Western is IMO the worst hotel chain in the world. I would rather spend a night in a cardboard box next to a freight railway line in Chechnya than repeat the experiences I have had in Best Western hotels.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X