• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iphone 3Gs or HTC Desire

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iphone 3Gs or HTC Desire

I am soon at the end of my iphone 2G contract.

I an considering moving to a iphone 3Gs or to a HTC Desire.

things I don't like about my current iphone are the speed (will most likely be solved by both new alternatives) and the whole flash Kindergarten fight is a bit annoying - also sometimes when I get a call I am unable to answer it as the phone does not respond to my finger sliding over the virtual slider. That is very annoying.

I do not use my phone to listen to music - mostly use it to call and text and read news on RSS or the web.

I would like , maybe, to have a good navigation app, so I do not need separate gadget for navigation. But it is not a must, I could continue with a standalone navigation with bluetooth to enable handsfree calling while driving.

for email and calendar I use googles services so I expect this will not be an issue on an android phone.

I like an object to feel nice in the hand, and the iphone 3gs seems a bit plasticky - how is the hardware on the Desire?

which phone do you think is the right for me?

the price will be approximately the same
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Might be worth bearing in mind that the next iteration of the iPhone is rumoured to make an appearance around June.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      Might be worth bearing in mind that the next iteration of the iPhone is rumoured to make an appearance around June.
      The iPad was rumoured to be in the UK in April...
      If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
        The iPad was rumoured to be in the UK in April...
        officially announced
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I'd go into a shop and see what the desire feels like in your hands.

I love my desire, hated the iPhone though. I use gmail, Google calendar etc and don't really do music on the phone. I also run Linux so itunes isn't an option.

I'm listening to iplayer now, typing this, just flicked to pick up a Google chat and now back to complete this. Oh, and I get flash working out of the box...

Comment

Hope this doesn't come across as biased as I have owned the iPhone 2G & 3G but not the desire.

I would recommend going for the HTC Desire

Comment

Make no decision now until you have seen the new iPhone.

The difference will be considerable from your current model.

Are you in a rush to change? within the next 12 weeks you will be aware of what the new iPhone will offer and thus will be in a more advantageous position to judge.
              Tyrell: "More human than human" is our motto.

Comment

Originally posted by dspsyssts View Post
                Make no decision now until you have seen the new iPhone.

The difference will be considerable from your current model.

Are you in a rush to change? within the next 12 weeks you will be aware of what the new iPhone will offer and thus will be in a more advantageous position to judge.
                And then wait for the new Android model - should be about 8 weeks after the iPhone 4G

After that, it'll be a short wait for the next Jobsian device.

Shortly after that, Google will have a new phone out, so you might as well wait for that.

About 10 weeks after that, HTC will have a new one out.

But then, the iPhone 5GS3D will be rumoured to be on it's way, so you might as well wait for that.......

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
                  And then wait for the new Android model - should be about 8 weeks after the iPhone 4G

After that, it'll be a short wait for the next Jobsian device.

Shortly after that, Google will have a new phone out, so you might as well wait for that.

About 10 weeks after that, HTC will have a new one out.

But then, the iPhone 5GS3D will be rumoured to be on it's way, so you might as well wait for that.......

too true

also I believe most of the disadvantages of the iphone will not be solved (Flash, tethering etc)

I will go and have a look at the HTC Desire soon and if it feels right in the hand then I think I will go for that - the easy tethering is a big plus for me.

I also find Apples ambitions of complete control annoying.
                  Who gives a **** about which programming language was used when writing the application??? Stupid Jobs.

And I look forward to telling the citizen Apple marketing zealots that I had an iphone but chose and android later.

I find the Apple evangelists very tiring. They seem to have some kind of complex about apple being in a inferior market position on the computing market.
                  "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                    I find the Apple evangelists very tiring. They seem to have some kind of complex about apple being in a inferior market position on the computing market.
                    I find the Apple anti-evangelists very tiring. They seem to have some kind of complex about Apple being in a superior market position on the computing market.

For every Apple evangelist there is an equal and opposite anti-Apple evangelist.

Comment

Working...
                    X