• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear, Oh Dear, Oh Dear...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear, Oh Dear, Oh Dear...

Someone is for the high jump...

Plod mails CRB check data to El Reg Hack

The author of the email at Gwent Police is now facing a gross misconduct investigation and potential sacking over the incident, which came to light this week
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

The Register has now deleted the file in cooperation with Gwent Police’s professional standards officers, who travelled to our London offices two days after being contacted.
    Yer right. Whatever.....

Would have been nice if the Register had contacted the force in confidence to deal with this issue and maybe save a load of crap and maybe someone poor sap their job.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

IT workers were immediately called in by chief constable Mick Giannasi to tighten system security so similar incidents cannot occur in the future. Gwent Police has now reported the breach to the Information Commissioner, as required under the Data Protection Act, and to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.
      Outlook -> Contacts -> journo@thereg.co.uk (del)

That'll be £500 please.

Comment

Or looking at it another way. How many times has this happened? I, for one, would be a bit annoyed if the police went about emailing my details to news outlets....
        And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
          Or looking at it another way. How many times has this happened? I, for one, would be a bit annoyed if the police went about emailing my details to news outlets....
          Maybe so but ignorance is bliss!
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X