• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spectacular sunsets?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spectacular sunsets?

So where are these spectacular sunsets we were promised?

Tonight's (just North of Belfast) was pale and watery, though with a fairly prominent vertical column around 5 degrees above the horizon.

A nice red sky here (which seemed to have bands running across it), but that might have happened anyway.

Comment

Nowt in London although the lack of planes and vapour trails is a bit strange.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
        Tonight's (just North of Belfast) was pale and watery,
        Apparently it was nice from Ballymena...here in Newtownabbey I got the same pale, washed out sight as you!!

Comment

Was nice up here in the frozen north. Well, South Yorkshire anyway.

No clouds so no pretty colors there but the whole sky gradually went from orange to pink to deep red as the sun went down, almost like it was in soft focus, if you see what I mean.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by TheVoice View Post
            Apparently it was nice from Ballymena...here in Newtownabbey I got the same pale, washed out sight as you!!
            You should be impressed that you actually got to see the sun. Anyway, what are contractors doing over here? Don't suppose you chaps are working at a Teleco in Belfast?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
              You should be impressed that you actually got to see the sun. Anyway, what are contractors doing over here? Don't suppose you chaps are working at a Teleco in Belfast?
              Flip me... how many Norn Irish contractors are on this board?
              SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Originally posted by Netraider View Post
                Flip me... how many Norn Irish contractors are on this board?
                One, he/she is called Spartacus!

Comment

Working...
                X