• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a wonderful day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a wonderful day

it was today. Birds twittering everywhere, blue skies (not even contrails visible, never seen so much blue), everything bursting with leaves and life, warm, sunny. Not even a cold Northerly wind. And to top it off a nice red (if perhaps slightly dusty) sunset. I like April.

But we're all doomed, DOOMED I tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
      But we're all doomed, DOOMED I tell you.
      Credit where credit is due, at least Gordon delayed the doom until summer.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Credit where credit is due, at least Gordon delayed the doom until summer.
        My dad thinks he arranged the volcano so he can cancel the election due to all the stranded chavs in Spain!

Comment

D'oh, is this going to be another election and volcano thread

Comment

The bird's were twittering outside my window today and the Ladybirds have invaded the bedroom. Spring has sprung!

Comment

The birds were giving it some in the local park too. I also saw a bumble bee lying in the road, not sure what it was doing there. I initially thought it had been run over, but it moved a bit when I nudged it.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                The birds were giving it some in the local park too. I also saw a bumble bee lying in the road, not sure what it was doing there. I initially thought it had been run over, but it moved a bit when I nudged it.
                I had all the doors, and all but one of the windows open, and a bumblebee managed to get itself stuck on the wrong side of the only closed window.

Quite gratifying letting it go.

Yes, felt really like summer is on it's way.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Went out on the bike yesterday and thought I'd head for the Dales for a few hills. Did Ladybower to Glossop and back and it was superb. Brilliant weather, superb views from the top of the Snake Pass. Only thing that spoilt it was the constant stream of bikers caning it up and down the A57.

Ladybower Inn to Glossop, and back.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Bakewell was busy down by the river...

Came home then went and had a luvverly Thai meal on Eccleshall Road - red sunset too.

A good day.

T

Comment

Working...
                    X