• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dont let the missus drive your car!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont let the missus drive your car!

****'s sake!

Lovely day in the north west so decided to get the 3 series convertible out and go for a drive.

Decided the missus should drive and get use to the automatic. Set the sat nav up for our destination about 45 minutes away, put the top down and away we go.

First junction on the estate she jumps on the brake and nearly sends me through the windscreen! 'What the hell are you doing?' I says. 'Oh sorry!' says Mrs BB. (Should have stopped her there and then!)

So, off we continue at a sedate pace, no probs, there's no hurry. Im sat in the passenger seat trying not to be overprotective of my baby (I love topless motoring, I really do!) and offer words of comfort and advice 'its an auto so all you have to do is point it and put one foot on the accelerator or brake' kind of thing.

A few twisty roads and we're a bit near the gutter but no worries as these roads dont have kerbs.

Gets to within 800 meters of our destination and there's a bend ahead on the crest of a small hillock with the only kerbs around for miles sat there.

Looking at the line she's taking I can see we'd be getting a bit close to them and Im thinking of saying 'mind the kerbs' when 5 seconds later 'bang' the front near side wheel smacks the kerb followed by another 'bang' as the ******* back wheel hits the kerb!

'What the f*** are you doing?' I say to Mrs BB who pulls over and stops. 'What've I done? she asks

'F***ing hell, you're supposed to have a driving license. All you have to do is point the f***ing thing and you hit the only kerb stones for miles around not once but f***ing twice!'

Gets out of the car and sure enough, the 19 inch alloys are kerbed to f*** and the car has less than 4000 miles on it from new!

I walk off in a right strop for half an hour to try and cool down. Then I've got to get back in and drive home with Mrs BB blubbering away.

Had a good look at the alloys once we got home and they are well f***ed. I'll have to get the tracking checked as a precaution too.

Going to make enquiries on Monday to see if they can be refurbed or whether they are write offs (dont look to be but you never know.)

I reckon refurbs is going to be about 100 per wheel. If new alloys required think Im looking at 500 each corner. Ouch!

I should have known better.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Kerb the other side - then they will match.
    Simples

Oh, and fair rant 5/10

Comment

So you reduced your missus to a blubbering wreck for the sake of a bunch of alloys. What a complete and utter tool.
      The stupidity of most people in this world is quite stunning.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
        Kerb the other side - then they will match.
        Simples

Oh, and fair rant 5/10
        5 out of 10!!

I've never used the 'F' word in front of Mrs BB and that's over 30 years. But I'd used it about 5 times in about 30 seconds at the time!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          So you reduced your missus to a blubbering wreck for the sake of a bunch of alloys. What a complete and utter tool.
          The stupidity of most people in this world is quite stunning.
          Shut the **** up

Clearly you drive a beat up morris minor and have no taste \ no wife \ no idea (delete as appropriate).

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            5 out of 10!!

I've never used the 'F' word in front of Mrs BB and that's over 30 years. But I'd used it about 5 times in about 30 seconds at the time!
            Not enough F's - needs to be at least once every four words with a few other expletives thrown in for good measure.

Mind you, as SAS said, it's only a wheel or two - don't stress.

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
              Not enough F's - needs to be at least once every four words with a few other expletives thrown in for good measure.

Mind you, as SAS said, it's only a wheel or two - don't stress.
              Maybe, maybe not. If they say the run flats are also damaged they are 400 a corner.

As I said, the alloys should be able to be refurbed. I can only see a small nick on one tyre 'kerb protection moulding' (fat lot of good they do) but if they say that needs replacing, 19 inch run flats arent cheap.

And like I said, I'd never uttered the word '****' in front of Mrs BB before never mind asking her 'what the **** was she doing'!

Comment

Fair reaction IMO.

Remember that it was SAS who
                replied and we all know he drives a Fiat.

Now if Dim had replied you still be trying to find where he's buried your wife!
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Fair reaction IMO.

Remember that it was SAS who
                  replied and we all know he drives a Fiat.

Now if Dim had replied you still be trying to find where he's buried your wife!
                  Aygo FFS
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

Clearly you drive a beat up morris minor and have no taste \ no wife \ no idea (delete as appropriate).
                    Actually I'm too intelligent to worry about material stuff over a real person.
                    And especially not some alloys. What a complete knob you are.

HTH you fookwit, but I doubt it.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X