• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Intelligent people tend to be more secular

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intelligent people tend to be more secular

There is a meta study here
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

More evidence here
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

and also more gullible....
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

and here...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Don't see your point Cojak. Skeptics are skeptical of everything.
          Have you heard of Occam's razor? The best explanation is usually (but not always) the most parsimonious one.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Intelligent people more secular?

There are lots of intelligent people who are religious. I infer from your headline that thick people are more religious..

I'm not religious but you're right - I'm sceptical of anyone looking to rubbish their opponent in debate.

Here's more open minded questioning.
            Last edited by cojak; 12 January 2006, 11:03.

Comment

It's a bit of a generalisation, though

Originally posted by cojak
              Intelligent people more secular?

There are lots of intelligent people who are religious. I infer from your headline that thick people are more religious..

I'm not religious but you're right - I'm sceptical of anyone looking to rubbish their opponent in debate.

Here's more open minded questioning.
              It's like the stupid people vote Labour argument.
              Which runs something like, people who vote Labour are not necessarily stupid, but people who are stupid tend to vote Labour.
              (Note, you can change Labour for whichever your bete-noire is).
              Why not?

Comment

Or "most muslims aren't international terrorists but most international terrorists are muslims".
                I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Oh God - I feel a Venn diagram coming on.. *snaps lead off on pencils and scrunches available paper....*

Comment

Originally posted by cojak
                    Oh God - I feel a Venn diagram coming on.. *snaps lead off on pencils and scrunches available paper....*
                    Its not that hard, Cojak ....

PS I usually have my doubts when people claim to be female on this forum - but I have no doubts about you
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X