• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terminator just starting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terminator just starting

Virgin media channel 135 (SyFy)

Sci Fi channel.

Such a great movie, and if I can make allowances for the new chavvy daleks, this should be easy to cover for the aged film.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Yep even Predator & the hitcher have stood the test of time.

Highlander & Independance day are still good, what makes a film timeless?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Classic action movie as is Predator (hence the avatar). So is Die Hard.

Recommend you watch this video which has interesting background to the origins of the Terminator story.

What makes a film timeless - good, simple storytelling.

Comment

One star already? Well chuffed, thanks Tinkles.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Ooh! are we talking Si-fi films?

2001 and Bladerunner for me....

Look at the old Star Trek's being made at the same time as 2001 was in 1968...what a difference...

Bladerunner in blue ray please, but which version?...I'll have to go watch them all again.......

~checks sig~
          Tyrell: "More human than human" is our motto.

Comment

Haven't seen Silent Running for a long time. Good old Huey, Dewey and Louie.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Highlander & Independance day are still good, what makes a film timeless?
              It could be the story (e.g. Dark Star), the extremely low budget (e.g. Dark Star) or the quality of the acting (errrrmmm)
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Commando.

Time to let of some steam, Bennett....

Absolute glorious crap!

Comment

Saw parts of Terminator 2 a few weeks back.

Despite being 20 years old, the special effects of the T-1000 still look pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                    Saw parts of Terminator 2 a few weeks back.

Despite being 20 years old, the special effects of the T-1000 still look pretty cool.
                    Yes the liquid metal was a great use of effects. These days they just have the hyper realism of things like Avatar, but somehow it lacks that cool factor.

There's a bit at the end of Terminator with the skeleton walking into the factory. Most of it is a head and shoulders shot, which looks totally realistic, and somewhat terrifying, and that was a puppet with two guys underneath operating it. Then it cuts to a bit of stop motion because somebody thought it was necessary to see the whole Terminator-skeleton, and it looks laughably cheap and spoils the atmopshere.

That's a good example of how the "look at what we can do" approach to effects has often spoiled movies.

And then there's the "inside Arnie's head" bit in T2 which you'd think was just CGI (yawn), and was actually done with a fake mirror and Linda Hamilton's twin sister. That always amazes me.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X