• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Conservative Party To Rescind All Non EEC IT Workers Visas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conservative Party To Rescind All Non EEC IT Workers Visas

Of course they're not going to silly!

But would that influence who you vote for if it were true?
    Tyrell: "More human than human" is our motto.

Originally posted by dspsyssts View Post

Yes, you ****wit, as it would destroy the economy, I would vote for anyone but.

If you think skilled, productive workers coming to the UK to work take away from the economy, you need help. At least an econ. 101 class.
    The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Mmmm not so sure this would actually "destroy" the economy as you say.

Do you really think the UK is so totally dependant on the 'skills' of foreign labour?

I know plenty of people that want to break into IT but can't because of the typical Catch 22 situation of no experience = no job offer. They also can not afford the training to get them up to speed.

Thus there is a skills shortage which allows Johnny Foreigner to apply for his fast track skills shortage visa thus keeping a potential workforce unemployed.

I'd prefer to see the folk at home being offered the necessary skills training and experince before we take on aliens.

I also think we have read one too many media reports of foreign underskilled doctors entering the country and being allowed to work, sometimes to the fatal detriment of the sick public.

There is no shortage of students applying for medical degrees, but the shortage of university places and funding limits the number we can produce so once again we end up calling in doctors some of who don't even speak our language.
      Tyrell: "More human than human" is our motto.

Comment

There is no shortage of students applying for medical degrees, but the shortage of university places and funding limits the number we can produce so once again we end up calling in doctors some of who don't even speak our language.
        Daily Wail FUD.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I also think we have read one too many media reports
          I think this is probably the most salient point of your post.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Have you ever seen a non EEC IT worker lick a chutney spoon and keep it back ?

I would vote for the Tories because under them this would never happen.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              Have you ever seen a non EEC IT worker lick a chutney spoon and keep it back ?

I would vote for the Tories because under them this would never happen.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I know plenty of people that want to break into IT because they fancy making loadsamoney innit?, but can't because of the typical Catch 22 situation of no experience = no job offer. They also can not afford the training to get them up to speed.
                FTFY

Not sure that the business model that suggests you should get the gig purely because you are an enthusiastic Brit is the optimum one either.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
                  Yes, you ****wit, as it would destroy the economy, I would vote for anyone but.

If you think skilled, productive workers coming to the UK to work take away from the economy, you need help. At least an econ. 101 class.
                  There are plenty of IT workers throughout the European Union without the need to take on Indians. The HSMP system I do approve because it encourages/allows the best and most determined to come here. also the HSMP system does not swamp the market.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                  X