• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jenson Button

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jenson Button

I'm very pleased to see that he's not the 'one-hit wonder' that many were writing him off as at the end of last season.

He's certainly giving Lewis a run for his money (liked the fact that LH was the first to give him a hug though).
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

There's an interesting "tortoise and hare" situation going on with Hamilton generally faster, and better at the racing, but somehow Button keeps ending up on top at the end. On the results that actually count, Button is better than Hamilton, Vettel, or Alonso, and nobody would have thought that.

I can't see him being able to beat Vettel or Alonso in an ordinary dry race though.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Yeah, he's done well. Some good decisions on changing tyres (too).

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Some good decisions on changing tyres (too).
        That's what won it for him. All part of racing though.

I'd still have my money on Vettel or Hamilton for the championship.

Comment

Jenson is actually a nice bloke and I am starting to root for him. What I actually hate is the tabloids and media going absolutely mad when he wins.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

It doesn't show he's better than Lewis, who I think is actually the best "go really fast" driver. But it certainly shows he's not a 2nd-rate filler, and that he didn't just get to be champion because of the car.

Vettel quite possibly good for a bet though as champion, he really impresses under pressure.

Although not at these odds:

Sebastian Vettel 2/1
            Fernando Alonso 11/4
            Lewis Hamilton 10/3
            Jenson Button 6/1
            Mark Webber 20/1
            Felipe Massa 20/1
            Nico Rosberg 20/1
            Michael Schumacher 50/1
            Robert Kubica 80/1

Wow, 6/1 on Button, the current leader, winning?!
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Though if Vettel keeps up with the pit lane antics, he'll be out.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Vettel does look good but so does Mark Webber (who's been around since 2002), good car?
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  Vettel does look good but so does Mark Webber (who's been around since 2002), good car?
                  Webber has always been a consistent driver, but the red bulls have some good cars this year. He's one to watch.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Vettel ... really impresses under pressure.

(1) Bahrain: qualified in pole, finished 5th
                    (2) Australia: qualified in pole, DNF
                    (3) Malaysia: qualified 3rd, winner
                    (4) China: qualified in pole, finished 6th

Doesn't look like that to me in races (1) and (4).

He's good, I'll grant you, but I think he's less good under pressure than say Button, Hamilton, Alonso and several others

Comment

Working...
                    X