• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK inflation rate rises to 3.4%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK inflation rate rises to 3.4%

The UK inflation rate rose sharply to 3.4% in March from 3% the month before, official figures have shown.

The rise in the Consumer Prices Index (CPI) inflation rate was greater than analysts had expected.

Retail Prices Index (RPI) inflation, which includes housing costs, also rose sharply to 4.4% in March from 3.7%.

Grr! With almost 1% interest on my savings, almost all the earnings going off in all sorts of taxes, all I need is to be bent over and given one in the backside. It will complete the picture. Daylight robbery.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Bring it on, mortgage free in 3 years.

Then I want it to stop.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      all I need is to be bent over and given one in the backside
      Be careful what you ask for. There are men on this forum with Toni and Guy haircuts.

Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
      oh yeah forgot to mention the fortnightly Toni and Guy designer hair cut and monthly dental-spa teeth whitening.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

A natural consequence of Quantitive Easing, no?
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

3.4% is annual inflation figure, not monthly, right? Hardly a big deal (yet). And didn't they stop or at least pause QE to see what happens?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Be careful what you ask for. There are men on this forum with Toni and Guy haircuts.
            ex-mrs HAB was trained by them. I was never comforatble with her having sharp instruments close to my throat so I used to get myself sorted when I was on my tips to London.

Inflation: el Gordo - What a man. What a leader. Yowza! Happy day's are here again.

It's time I made a new post on that subject.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              3.4% is annual inflation figure, not monthly, right? Hardly a big deal (yet). And didn't they stop or at least pause QE to see what happens?
              It is more significant that it looks like the BofE Governor is being allowed to prioritise the stimulus over the inflation target.

It will end in tears.

Inflation was incredibly destructive during the seventies and eighties and getting it under control was incredibly painful but it looks like that lesson has finally been forgotten.

On the other hand, inflating the national debt away will destroy all our savings but it will mean our children and grandchildren will not have that millstone hanging around their necks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                It is more significant that it looks like the BofE Governor is being allowed to prioritise the stimulus over the inflation target.

It will end in tears.

Inflation was incredibly destructive during the seventies and eighties and getting it under control was incredibly painful but it looks like that lesson has finally been forgotten.

On the other hand, inflating the national debt away will destroy all our savings but it will mean our children and grandchildren will not have that millstone hanging around their necks.
                anything worth inheriting
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

If interest rates AND inflation both jump up to about 15% then those with savings will finally be the ones who win, rather than suffering while those in debt are looked after.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    If interest rates AND inflation both jump up to about 15% then those with savings will finally be the ones who win, rather than suffering while those in debt are looked after.
                    I'm genuinely baffled by the assumption that "savers" are somehow entitled to earn money on their savings. If you don't like the rate you're being offered, go elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                    X