• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you stop/control immigration?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you stop/control immigration?

Well come one then, how would you do it?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    "Are you a foreigner?"

"Yes!"

"You're not coming in matey!"

Comment

Well, I don't see many people anxious to migrate to Zimbabwe.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        "Are you a foreigner?"

"Yes!"

"Bang"
        FTFY
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          Well, I don't see many people anxious to migrate to Zimbabwe.
          The only answer I can think of actually; make a place such a tuliphole nobody wants to go there.

Comment

The only answer I can think of actually; make a place such a tuliphole nobody wants to go there.
            Well, we've got 3rd world roads!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              "Are you a foreigner?"

"Yes!"

"You're not coming in matey!"
              Hmm, sums up the problem in a way.You'll only stop those who are honest enough to turn up at a port showing a passport and say 'yes I'm a foreigner and I want to live here'.

Doesn't stop the illegals, of whom we have no idea how many there are. Might be 3, might be 3 million, but nobody in Europe has the foggiest idea.

Comment

End free health care and education. Abolish the minimum wage. Closedown the benefit system and social housing.

That will make the UK less attractive place to migrate to.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                  End free health care and education. Abolish the minimum wage. Closedown the benefit system and social housing.

That will make the UK less attractive place to migrate to.
                  It would still be attractive for people who want to work; even more so, as taxes could be reduced. It would just leave a big problem of yokel chavs running rampage to steal a living from everyone else.

Comment

It would still be attractive for people who want to work; even more so, as taxes could be reduced. It would just leave a big problem of yokel chavs running rampage to steal a living from everyone else.
                    Work, steal or starve. I can live with higher crime if say 80% found a job. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Comment

Working...
                    X