• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordon getting a grilling on Radio1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon getting a grilling on Radio1

Should be on iPlayer later, started about 15min ago. Seems less stilted than usual, worth a listen. He's not doing too great based on the answers, but it's interesting to hear him in conversation in a bit more relaxed a scenario.

EDIT: they're really laying into him. Save it for when you have 30min to spare on iPlayer.
    Last edited by d000hg; 20 April 2010, 12:07.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    EDIT: they're really laying into him. Save it for when you have 30min to spare on iPlayer.
    Oh... what did he say to deserve that?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      Oh... what did he say to deserve that?
      Almost anything he said since 1997 would be fair game IMO

Comment

I haven't heard this interview yet, but normally when the media or interviewers lay into Gordon Brown it just backfires because people know that he wasn't responsible for the wars or the global financial crisis or the f#ing volcano. And when the press went ballistic about the mistakes in that letter he wrote to the mother of a dead soldier, a lot of people thought, "Hey, what a decent bloke, taking time to write to every mother of a dead soldier, in his own time, without making any announcement about it." He's an old school leader, not pathetically trying to big himself up with da kids or jump on "what people want" bandwagons. For all his faults, I still hope he gets voted in.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
          I haven't heard this interview yet, but normally when the media or interviewers lay into Gordon Brown it just backfires because people know that he wasn't responsible for the wars or the global financial crisis or the f#ing volcano. And when the press went ballistic about the mistakes in that letter he wrote to the mother of a dead soldier, a lot of people thought, "Hey, what a decent bloke, taking time to write to every mother of a dead soldier, in his own time, without making any announcement about it." He's an old school leader, not pathetically trying to big himself up with da kids or jump on "what people want" bandwagons. For all his faults, I still hope he gets voted in.
          Firstly he is not a "decent bloke" . He sanctioned the letters to cancer sufferers saying that Tory cuts would threaten their treatment (where did he get the addresses).

The poor are still poor, kids are still being stabbed on the streets (here in Victoria) and we have millions of people unemployed

And presumably he didnt ever say "no more boom and bust". And just how much money did he manage to save during the boom times? If he had an ounce of competence in his bones then the UK would have had enough money to ride out the recession and invest in infrastructure projects.

The good news is that public sector pensions (labour voters) are cast iron

He wears a false smile and lies, cheats and manipulates in the worst way

You labour stooges make me quite ill
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

He's better than David "I have all the answers" Cameron. What a lightweight he was in the first debate.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
              He's better than David "I have all the answers" Cameron. What a lightweight he was in the first debate.
              If you want to judge soemone by what they are like in front of the TV as opposed to their track record then fine.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                It was questions from the public, but they were allowed to interrupt him and respond to his answers rather than let him spiel a canned answer. He got flak for his personal expenses as well as immigration. I was expecting something very soft, but was actually quite impressed - he was allowed to give his answers but non-answers were attacked.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  If you want to judge soemone by what they are like in front of the TV as opposed to their track record then fine.
                  Which is just what the majority of the voting public is going to do - we live in an X-factor society.

Comment

I p*ssed your pensions up the wall. Vote for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X