• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On a lighter note......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a lighter note......

I had a luvverly lunch today....

Group of lads decided that Drewster needs to sample good Saudi fish...

So off we go to "The Fish Market"........

There is a restaurant in the InterConti called the Fish Market so I thought that'll be it........

No we drive round the edge of the main docks and there on the end of a little jetty thing with water on 3 sides is - Yep a real Fish Market.... hundreds of stalls with all sorts of fish and shellfish.... all fresh from the sea.....

Couple of lads "in the know" wander into the depths of the market and the rest of us go into a very basic canteeny place....and sit and wait with a few Cokes and some flatbread with dips.....

back come our lads with a couple of porters and a cart load of fish and lobsters etc...... hand the over to the Cooks and say "Get on with it".....

Ten minutes later various huge platters of rice and salad turn up... and then in a seemingly endless stream platters of fish, lobsters, prawns are placed in front of us..... as soon as one platter looks a bit light along comes another one freshly cooked........

absolute blow out, of superb fresh fish and stuff..... practically couldn't stand up.... the the bill came eekeek

£10 a head.......

This place isn't that bad....... even if I am stuck here for another 3 weeks!

I thought the general forum was for topics of interest to other contractors...

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Oh FFS!

Churchill - In "Jealous Bastard" mode!

Comment

Anyone watch that Jamie Oliver programme last week where he was in Marrakesh?

The lamb tagine he made looked lurrrrvly.

Comment

Jealous too

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            Anyone watch that Jamie Oliver programme last week where he was in Marrakesh?

The lamb tagine he made looked lurrrrvly.
            Not seen that but have been watching the Rick Stein in Thailand thingy and it's been brilliant
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              Not seen that but have been watching the Rick Stein in Thailand thingy and it's been brilliant
              Check it out on 4oD - definitely worth it.

Not a fan of Stein - he's too much into fish for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                Check it out on 4oD - definitely worth it.

Not a fan of Stein - he's too much into fish for my liking.
                Yeah, know what you mean I'm not that keen on fish either but most of the thai recipes you could substitute chicken for.

Will check it out, thanks.
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                  I had a luvverly lunch today....

Group of lads decided that Drewster needs to sample good Saudi fish...

So off we go to "The Fish Market"........

There is a restaurant in the InterConti called the Fish Market so I thought that'll be it........

No we drive round the edge of the main docks and there on the end of a little jetty thing with water on 3 sides is - Yep a real Fish Market.... hundreds of stalls with all sorts of fish and shellfish.... all fresh from the sea.....

Couple of lads "in the know" wander into the depths of the market and the rest of us go into a very basic canteeny place....and sit and wait with a few Cokes and some flatbread with dips.....

back come our lads with a couple of porters and a cart load of fish and lobsters etc...... hand the over to the Cooks and say "Get on with it".....

Ten minutes later various huge platters of rice and salad turn up... and then in a seemingly endless stream platters of fish, lobsters, prawns are placed in front of us..... as soon as one platter looks a bit light along comes another one freshly cooked........

absolute blow out, of superb fresh fish and stuff..... practically couldn't stand up.... the the bill came eekeek

£10 a head.......

This place isn't that bad....... even if I am stuck here for another 3 weeks!
                  plaice
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    plaice
                    <Groan> <Shaky Head>

Here is your coat....

Comment

Working...
                    X