• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Give us yer money!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give us yer money!

As some of you may already know myself, my two younger brothers, my son and a mate will be heading off to the highlands of Scotland around Pitlochry next month to ride 80 miles up and down hills raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support in the Etape Caledonia.

We are doing it in memory of my Dad, who died of cancer in August 2007. During his illness Macmillan Nurses payed a huge part in his care, making sure that he was as comfortable as possible for as long as possible and that when he died it was peacefully and with dignity. Macmillan support staff we there for us as a family when we needed them and especially for our Mum.

We have set up a JustGiving page that will make sure any money donated goes directly to the charity and will automatically make sure they get tax relief on the donation as well.

So, as Bob Geldoff once said : 'give us your ******' money'

http://www.justgiving.com/Etape-Challenge

PS. I realize there has been some history of dodgy charitable events on the board, so if you don't feel you can donate through me, please go to Macmillan's own site and donate directly to them. Although as an added incentive there are also pictures of me on the JustGiving site as well so you can all have a good giggle.

Thanks.

DaveB

Edit : Thanks to those who have donated already, come on the rest of you get your wallets out! ( exceptions made for those on the bench ).
    Last edited by DaveB; 21 April 2010, 18:21.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Does this mean we can see your puppies?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Does this mean we can see your puppies?
      Only if your donation is big enough

Comment

<shameless bump>

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          <shameless bump>
          whs

Comment

Last bump of the day.

Thanks to those who have donated already, come on the rest of you get your wallets out! ( exceptions made for those on the bench of course ).

Comment

Big bump.

Comment

Todays Bump

Comment

Working...
                X