• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hitler rant videos

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler rant videos

Anyone seen them on youtube? The clips with the subtitles?

I just watched a couple and I can't see what's so funny, but then I understand what he's saying and somehow the joke doesn't work for me. Maybe if you don't speak a word of German it's funny.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ler+rants&aq=f

This is one meme that I can miss. Sure, I can see the humour, but understanding the spoken language somehow kills off the joke.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Try this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMi776jah1w
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Some people make ze joke Germans haf no sense of humour. Vell I don't find zat funny.

Comment

My old man recounted a story that during the war, in an attempt to fool the Bosche into thinking we had more planes, we built a few wooden airfields in the Home Counties. Wooden hangars, wooden control towers, wooden gun emplacements, wooden spitfires etc.
        Apparently Jerry flew over and dropped a few wooden bombs on them.
        No sense of humour? Mmmmmmmm........not so sure on that one.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

According to Mashable this meme may have run its course if the movie studio responsible for Der Untergang get their way...

The movie studio responsible for the award-winning, German-Austrian film Downfall (German: Der Untergang) has asked YouTube to take down several videos from the massively popular subtitled “Hitler finds out…” meme, and the site has complied.

Search YouTube and you’ll still find hundreds of Downfall parodies, but click thru to some of the bigger ones and you’ll now get the message, “This video contains content from Constantin Film, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.”

According to TechCrunch, the first Downfall parody to be taken down was the one about the iPhone 4G leak, but other popular parodies followed. At four million views, “Hitler Gets Banned from Xbox Live” was one of the most watched and thus among the casualties. The remaining videos might get taken down soon as well.

Each parody video takes a scene from Downfall in which Hitler throws a tantrum when he learns that he cannot win the war. Fake subtitles are then applied to make it appear as if he’s having a tantrum about something else. The topics have ranged from Michael Jackson’s death to Hitler learning that he’s the subject of an out-of-control YouTube video meme.

Downfall director Oliver Hirschbiegel told New York Magazine that he laughs at the parodies. “You couldn’t get a better compliment as a director,” he said. Unfortunately, Constantin Film’s legal team isn’t as easygoing about it.
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

I just watched a couple and I can't see what's so funny, but then I understand what he's saying and somehow the joke doesn't work for me. Maybe if you don't speak a word of German it's funny.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ler+rants&aq=f

This is one meme that I can miss. Sure, I can see the humour, but understanding the spok language somehow kills off the joke.
            L

mich . Are you saying that you're a Nazi??!
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Isn't this very old news? These things have been doing the rounds for months.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                A more pertinent question might be "Who hasn't seen them?"

The best one I saw was Hitler complaining about his rant being hijacked by the internet, and that laughing about Nazis wasn't funny. Oh the irony.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I quite like them. The xBox one is good. And the one I mentioned last week: http://forums.contractoruk.com/light...own-video.html is ripe for a cuk version.

Understanding German makes absolutely no difference.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

This video contains content from Constantin Film, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.
                    Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Working...
                    X