• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Awesome news at last

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome news at last

Got call from honest bloke whose car I touched on the back with mine (car) - he said Audi were full of sh1t and said that the worst case that bar things will cost 80 quid and few screws and main cost is replacing bumper - a few bits may need to be replaced but overall it won't go above £1000 and likely to stay under, he said he now pissed off with Audi and will take to another garage for full quote, which should be cheaper since Audi branded dealers always charge more.

Still a lot of dosh, but it feels a lot cheaper than alternative.

So let me get this right; you say you came up the behind of this guy and that the big guys are full of sh1t. And now you are pleased that it didn't cost you more. I see, yes things are a bit clearer now.
    Last edited by Jabberwocky; 12 January 2006, 16:04.

Comment

In real life choice is often between bad and worse, the worse was so bad in this case that I am now happy at the news that its only bad scenario - does it make sense?

Comment

Yes there is often a lot of hesitation in these sort of situations. However, you do need to make sure you are properly protected. It is very easy to end up dead if you are not careful.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
          Yes there is often a lot of hesitation in these sort of situations. However, you do need to make sure you are properly protected. It is very easy to end up dead if you are not careful.
          Yes, I'm sure it can get quite messy...

Comment

Yes, you are learning that a moment of madness (a mistake if you like) can have serious consequences. Coming into the behind of this man has been costly, but it could have been so much worse. What if other people had got involved? Then the situation could have become very messy indeed. And you’re lucky no one saw what you did and called the police.

Comment

Death being Natures little way of saying you havent been taking care of yourself ...

Comment

Originally posted by planetit
                Yes, you are learning that a moment of madness (a mistake if you like) can have serious consequences. Coming into the behind of this man has been costly, but it could have been so much worse. What if other people had got involved? Then the situation could have become very messy indeed. And you’re lucky no one saw what you did and called the police.
                He's over 21, if he wants to indulge in a little "Bum Love" then who are we to pass judgement?

Is that what we were talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by planetit
                  What if other people had got involved? Then the situation could have become very messy indeed. And you’re lucky no one saw what you did and called the police.
                  That would have been easy - just put insurance claim and get over with it.

Police would not come for accidents where no one was injured like thankfully was in this case - I effectively just scratched his car with mine having no visible damage, the same stuff can happen when you do parallel parking.

Comment

So you just scratched his body work - but didn't actually draw blood - still there may have been some hairline cracks you didn't fully explore. Did you do a full examination after the event ? What's this about parallel parking ? I didn't realise two of you came into this guy at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                    X