• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Creating work for contractors; Boomtime thanks to plenty cheapness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating work for contractors; Boomtime thanks to plenty cheapness

Pennies from heaven for someone here;

Test Co-Ordinator required – Oracle Supply-Chain – Netherlands – expenses paid

Blabla Agent is currently seeking an experienced Test Co-Ordinator to join an exciting
    Oracle Supply-Chain Management project in the Netherlands.

Our client a leading end-user has a number of issues with their new Oracle EBS system and
    consequently they have a need for an individual that can take control of the testing of
    the “fixes” required.

This is not a hands-on testing role but more a co-ordination of the all parties involved
    in the testing process (Oracle Apps Consultants, Testers and User Acceptance Testers). The
    consultants are working on a live system; issues mean that the product isn’t going out
    to market
    so it’s essential that these fixes are resolved as quickly as possible.

The requirements of the role are as follows;

-Proven track record of Co-Ordinating Testing within complex Oracle Apps projects
    -Strong understanding of Oracle Supply-Chain
    -Get things done mentality
    -English speaking

The client is offering a 6-month contract with the option to extend; competitive market
    rates and they will pay full expenses. The successful candidate would be joining a
    hard-working and international team (excellent feedback from people onsite currently)

Now then, I think I can help them but the medicine might not taste very nice. Firstly, why the hell are they developing on a live system? To save money ?Secondly, they don’t need a ‘test coordinator’, they need a very experienced test manager who will tell clientco the truth as to what they will need to spend to sort out this mess. Turdly, they’re so obviously desperate that offering ‘competitive market rates’ isn’t going to be enough.

I’m trying to find out who the clientco is so I can approach them directly.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Did the same people develop this site?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Firstly, why the hell are they developing on a live system? To save money ?Secondly, they don’t need a ‘test coordinator’, they need a very experienced test manager who will tell clientco the truth as to what they will need to spend to sort out this mess. Turdly, they’re so obviously desperate that offering ‘competitive market rates’ isn’t going to be enough.
      Let me guess.
      • They outsourced the development, so didn't see the need for a separate development system
      • They outsourced the testing, so didn't see the need for a separate test system

Am I getting close?

All the best in finding out who they are and quoting an appropriately punitive fee for sorting them out
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
      X