• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a mess this forum is

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a mess this forum is

Afternoon All,

I am on IE6, and the forum look and feel represents the work of a 3 yr old with MS Front Page.

Even the colours are bad.

Looks like whoever made this software has not heard about Web 2.0

The menu's are messed up and all over the screen

Button bar is overlaying menu's

Still it serves as a nice example of how not to do things

Even the window with the smilies is messed up and about 2 foot long down the page screwing up the message editor.

Oh Dear

on top of this performance is slow.

Milan.

Hi Milan,

Yup now well aware of the IE6 issues and will certainly be looking at this as a priority. Really quite shocked at how many of you are using an almost 10 year old browser that was considered buggy in its day, let alone now. I know it is the fault of corporate IT but the sooner MS pull the bag of tulipe the better.

Cheers for the feedback.

Admin

Comment

Yep, a real mess; one or two icons out of place and people starting the fourth thread of the day about the same subject. Really, how do they do it?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        Afternoon All,

I am on IE6, and the forum look and feel represents the work of a 3 yr old with MS Front Page.

Even the colours are bad.

Looks like whoever made this software has not heard about Web 2.0

The menu's are messed up and all over the screen

Button bar is overlaying menu's

Still it serves as a nice example of how not to do things

Even the window with the smilies is messed up and about 2 foot long down the page screwing up the message editor.

Oh Dear

on top of this performance is slow.

Milan.
        Can you post a screen print? Sounds very funny.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
          Hi Milan,

Yup now well aware of the IE6 issues and will certainly be looking at this as a priority...
          No, no, that's the wrong attitude entirely. Anyone still using IE6 deserves everything they get.
          Last edited by OwlHoot; 21 April 2010, 14:02.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I get all these problems on IE7

Comment

how can I post a screenprint, save an image register with some free hosting place - nah too much hassle

suffice to say, in IE6, it's an abortion.

if you could see the menu's overlaying each other you'd laugh your head off

funny all these big sites like youtulip and ebay are saying we stop supporting IE6, but they don't seem to geddit that big corps are still running IE6

The SUBMIT button is 60cms below this text editor !

Milan.

Comment

I am surprised at the number of users using IE let alone IE6.

After Firefox I have never gone back to IE.

Who wuld drink lager aftering drinking a pint of real ale ?
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Running IE7 and the reply box is either overlapping or elongated.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I read somewhere, that Admin posted that NickFitz did this

Nick, if I were you Mate, I'd get Admin to remove that quote, you don't want
                    to be associated with this

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X