• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Admins: Can we have the old forum back while you fix this one

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admins: Can we have the old forum back while you fix this one

ta

Milan.

Milan, dont take this the wrong way, why did you not volunteer to test the new forum ? It is frustrating but then you are stuck in an ancient IE6 browser and expect the forum programmer to test the bloody thing in the hundred different flavours out there.

If you had beta tested and given the feedback I am sure the new forum would not be live.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Milan, you stick to your tape changing and leave the complicated stuff to others ok?

Bunk

Comment

nobody pm'd me and asked me to test

I saw the thread but never read it

didn't consider myself 'swotty front row of the class enough' to get involved in that part of the community

unless it's .net and can enhance my prospects for contractor utilisation I am not generally interested in new tech or being an early adopter of new tech be it software or hardware

traditionally, in the .net world, you let other eager companies upgrade first wait about 6 months for the main patches to come out and then go for it

perhaps if they had asked for testers for different browser versions

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

didn't consider myself 'swotty front row of the class enough' to get involved in that part of the community

unless it's .net and can enhance my prospects for contractor utilisation I am not generally interested in new tech or being an early adopter of new tech be it software or hardware

traditionally, in the .net world, you let other eager companies upgrade first wait about 6 months for the main patches to come out and then go for it

Milan.
          drag and drop like your life depends on it.

Comment

We didn't wipe your arse for you either. If you smell, it's your problem

Oh, and the new version of vBulletin was released about six months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              We didn't wipe your arse for you either. If you smell, it's your problem

Oh, and the new version of vBulletin was released about six months ago.
              So, is this the same forum that the "beta" testers played with or have you modified it after their feedback?

Comment

Milan.
                You could always piss off for 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post

WTS, you were invited the same as all the rest, at the time you didn't consider yourself swotty enough to take part and give feedback but now you do consider yourself important enough to demand the old forum back... typical end user..

you had your chance, you didn't take it and now you regret it, applies to a lot of things in life but in short, tough luck, deal with it
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                    Originally posted by chef View Post

WTS, you were invited the same as all the rest, at the time you didn't consider yourself swotty enough to take part and give feedback but now you do consider yourself important enough to demand the old forum back... typical end user..

you had your chance, you didn't take it and now you regret it, applies to a lot of things in life but in short, tough luck, deal with it
                    Yeah - WTS!!
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X