• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apology to Nick

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apology to Nick

Hi Nick,

please no offense, apologies for the teasing about the look and feel in IE6.

I am sure you have worked hard on these project inside the defined goals as laid out by the PM and achieved the priorities.

Please take no offense at anything I am saying about this.

If you want a laugh, go on the 'What a Mess'¨thread and look at the picture of it in IE6, it does look funny.

All in good spirit.

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Hi Nick,

please no offense, apologies for the teasing about the look and feel in IE6.

I am sure you have worked hard on these project inside the defined goals as laid out by the PM and achieved the priorities.

Please take no offense at anything I am saying about this.

If you want a laugh, go on the 'What a Mess'¨thread and look at the picture of it in IE6, it does look funny.

All in good spirit.

Milan.
    NP. I'll be having a look at IE6 in a bit, but there is one simple rule for fixing things on IE: get it working in real browsers first, as then you know the code is fundamentally sound. Then you can stick in the hacks and workarounds that IE < 8 needs to work with real-world websites rather than ten-year-old intranets.

Cheers,

Nick

Comment

Everybody give Nick a big hug

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        NP. I'll be having a look at IE6 in a bit, but there is one simple rule for fixing things on IE: get it working in real browsers first, as then you know the code is fundamentally sound. Then you can stick in the hacks and workarounds that IE < 8 needs to work with real-world websites rather than ten-year-old intranets.

Cheers,

Nick
        Nick,

Change in the real-world happens about as fast as Threaded running through treacle.

For example, our software will be deployed under Windows XP, not because we can't develop for Windows 7, Solaris, whatever, but because that's the delivery platform.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          Everybody give Nick a big hug

Milan.
          Why should we all give him a hug. You are the only cock moaning like a girl about it all. Everyone seems to be handling it a lot more maturely without naming Nick and giving him a hard time.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Winston,

this is the be nice to Nick and give him a break thread.

Now, give Nick a big hug.

Everybody give Nick a hug.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Why should we all give him a hug. You are the only cock moaning like a girl about it all. Everyone seems to be handling it a lot more maturely without naming Nick and giving him a hard time.
              FFS much as I hate to agree with NorthernLardArse, WHS ++
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Cheers,

Nick
                I say my dear chap, I have connected my Commodore PET 16k to your electronic communication medium via my wind up Bakelite telephone and unfortunately my green cathode ray tube is displaying the pages in a somewhat clumsy fashion.

Could you please take a look at this for me?

Could you send any necessary programme updates on a cassette tape if I send a SAE and the requisite cassette?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  FFS much as I hate to agree with NorthernLardArse, WHS ++
                  Dam that must have hurt SAS but much appreciated
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    I say my dear chap, I have connected my Commodore PET 16k to your electronic communication medium via my wind up Bakelite telephone and unfortunately my green cathode ray tube is displaying the pages in a somewhat clumsy fashion.

Could you please take a look at this for me?

Could you send any necessary programme updates on a cassette tape if I send a SAE and the requisite cassette?
                    Did you not read the Release Notes? It distinctly says you need 32k of ram - errr, hang about, no it doesn't...

Comment

Working...
                    X