• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NCB is a con

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCB is a con

I have recently discovered that No Claims Bonus is a major con - some companies offer "accelerates" NCB, effectively giving away higher NCB than the actual period in which no claims were received, just how the feck this is possible? Surely its fraud on a company level!

Originally posted by AtW
    I have recently discovered that No Claims Bonus is a major con - some companies offer "accelerates" NCB, effectively giving away higher NCB than the actual period in which no claims were received, just how the feck this is possible? Surely its fraud on a company level!
    They can do what they like. If they want to charge you the same cost as someone with longer actual NCB, they can, as long as they pay up as and when you crash into someone else.

When I passed my driving test and bought my first car, Direct Line gave me 3 years NCB (or rather the premium was equivalent to someone of my age with 3 years NCB).

Fortunately due to the large number of safety cameras and the reduction in those nasty accident causing traffic police, the roads are becoming safer.

Fungus

Comment

If you think that is a con then you must consider potection of no claims to be iffy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
        They can do what they like. If they want to charge you the same cost as someone with longer actual NCB, they can, as long as they pay up as and when you crash into someone else.
        The problem is not about what THEY can do - they are sure entitled to charging as much as they want, even assume everbody with 1 NCB actually has 5, but th e problem is that they CERTIFY that you have higher NCB that you actually have when you move elsewhere - this means a guy with 5 years NCB may actually have only 3 or 4 or any other number - IMO this is fraud on company level.

Comment

doesn't really matter what your opinion is though does it? It ain't gonna change! Look - you've crashed your car, you don't understand no-claims bonus - I'd stay on public transport if I were you...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
            doesn't really matter what your opinion is though does it? It ain't gonna change! Look - you've crashed your car, you don't understand no-claims bonus - I'd stay on public transport if I were you...

It's alright, he whinged like this about speed cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              The problem is not about what THEY can do - they are sure entitled to charging as much as they want, even assume everbody with 1 NCB actually has 5, but th e problem is that they CERTIFY that you have higher NCB that you actually have when you move elsewhere - this means a guy with 5 years NCB may actually have only 3 or 4 or any other number - IMO this is fraud on company level.
              No it isn't fraud as long as you declare the accidents you have had. For example, if you crash into someone, and they don't claim, then your NCB is in tact. You are no safer because they did not claim. But you must declare the accident when buying future insurance. The conclusion is that if you crash into someone, at least make sure that you run over and kill the other driver so that they cannot claim against you and ruin your NCB.

Fungus

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore

Public transport? Surely that's not hygienic? Oh my, the things some people do.

Fungus

Comment

If I say that I have more NCB then I actually have then its fraud - however some companies allow "one year of NCB" to be accumulated in shorter time, like accelerated NCB - this is clearly wrong as "one year" is no longer one year. It would have been okay if they FOR THEMSELVES given higher discount, but since NCB is transferrable it in effect means that those companies certify fake NCB - which is why I consider claimed years of NCB to be a con, it does not really mean compareable years at all!

Comment

you are getting the bonus mixed up with the reality

you might be a disaster prone eastern european or Russian f*ckwit with millions of rear end experiences and still get the ncb.

nobody is saying that because you have a ncb you have not made any claims.

just like in the city, if you get a bonus no one imagines that you have made any cities.
                    Last edited by EternalOptimist; 12 January 2006, 20:51.
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X