• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

back and boomed kinda

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back and boomed kinda

i haven't posted on here for a couple of years....

still the same people making the same jokes and still on plan A..

Me?... i'm coming back from 3 years in the permie wilderness... fed up and looking for contract fun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Welcome back. Have you got a contract lined up?
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

signing a 2 monther tomorrow ... the client co are a little nervous about having contractors and are only offering 2 months to begin with but there is plenty of work (.net, financial services)...

fyi... the management sacked all the developers before xmas... now the new management that have replaced these obvious idiots want to get the IT projects back on track but are cautious...

hopefully they will get into the extension habit before they get permies into the mix..
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by kramer View Post
        i haven't posted on here for a couple of years....

still the same people making the same jokes and still on plan A..

Me?... i'm coming back from 3 years in the permie wilderness... fed up and looking for contract fun.

Ain't that the truth.

So, what's your Plan B then?

Comment

contract fell throught today...

client co have found a cheaper developer and have retracted the offer without letting me make a counter.

this stinks and i don't trust the agent...

gonna phone the hiring manager tomorrow to check the story..

pretty gutted but guess it might be a blessing in disguise.... back on the CV flogging!

Comment

Sorry to hear that Kramer, hope you score soon. This does seem to happen a lot, it's rough if you are on the bench but if you have given up another gig to do it, it really sucks.
            Things are picking up, something will break.

Comment

Working...
            X