• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I think the bench is coming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the bench is coming

My manager caught up with me in the hall and the chat sort of went like this..

"As you will have realised there is really no work for you, I am going to see if I can get you onto another team" ( I did not do anything for 2 months until this team picked me up so nobody has any work ) " and when is your contract up?"

Here comes the summer!!

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    My manager caught up with me in the hall and the chat sort of went like this..

"As you will have realised there is really no work for you, I am going to see if I can get you onto another team" ( I did not do anything for 2 months until this team picked me up so nobody has any work ) " and when is your contract up?"

Here comes the summer!!
    Oooppss!

Remember though, if you do need a bench when you're benched. I sell benches.

HTH

MF (The Bench Man)
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Just been told they are looking to hire another 3 developers, I have done about 5 days work since the new year and they still had the cheek to tell me that a 3 week holiday is too long.

I'm looking forward to some time off as well.

Comment

Just been told they are looking to hire another 3 developers, I have done about 5 days work since the new year and they still had the cheek to tell me that a 3 week holiday is too long.

I'm looking forward to some time off as well.
        I've planned to take the summer off for the last ten years! Everytime I land up working the summer and if I am benched it's always when it's pissing it down or snowing!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Just been told they are looking to hire another 3 developers, I have done about 5 days work since the new year
          Maybe that's why they are hiring 3 developers. If you had an ounce of initiative (as any proper business owner would) or just sense of self preservation (as any normal human being would) then you'd look at the business and see how you can fit in with your skills whilst remaining contractor or joining in as a proud member of their permanent team.

Instead you appears to have chosen to do **** all whilst (no doubt) billing your client in full for the time.

I am sure you'll be posting more tulip on here from now on

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            I've planned to take the summer off for the last ten years! Everytime I land up working the summer and if I am benched it's always when it's pissing it down or snowing!
            When they'll finally find Mordac then you'll get a very long vacation

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              When they'll finally find Mordac then you'll get a very long vacation
              Are you suggesting he's buried under MF's shop?

Comment

Maybe that's why they are hiring 3 developers. If you had an ounce of initiative (as any proper business owner would) or just sense of self preservation (as any normal human being would) then you'd look at the business and see how you can fit in with your skills whilst remaining contractor or joining in as a proud member of their permanent team.

Instead you appears to have chosen to do **** all whilst (no doubt) billing your client in full for the time.

What part of "As you will have realised there is really no work for you" do you not understand numbnuts?

Unlike yourself I understand the difference between activity and achievement.

Comment

I have to agree with Minestrwat here. I've done gigs where there is genuinely nothing doing. You can look busy but there is only so much rearranging paper clips you can do.

And it is suprisingly tiring doing nothing at work. And a little depressing as you lose that sense of achievement at the end of a hard day.

I always used to cheer myself up with a cheeky little invoice for ClientCo.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Stop being so bloody sanctimonious.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X