• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I completely mad?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I completely mad?

When at a clientco I observe the people around me and give some of them nicknames to be used only by me and one or two ‘trusted’ individuals to amuse ourselves during the less exciting days. These nicknames always follow a similar pattern; Mr/Mrs/Miss <some sarcastic description>

Currently I see around me;
    Mr Charisma
    Mr Amazing
    Miss Charming
    Miss Madam
    Mr Incredible
    Mr Astonishing
    Mr Hygiene

Am I completely alone in this and utterly mad or do others have such unusual habits?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

not really but apprently they are also doing the same

Mr CockRocket

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      not really but apprently they are also doing the same

Mr CockRocket

I don’t doubt it. I would seriously doubt the sanity of anyone who is unable to dream up some nickname for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        I don’t doubt it. I would seriously doubt the sanity of anyone who is unable to dream up some nickname for me.
        We had one guy who was really up himself.

The whole department including management knew him as Johnny Big Potatoes!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I really only wanted to use the phrase cockrocket to be honest

heard it the other day and it made me giggle a bit

well a little bit

but really not much

zzzzzzzzzzz

go on then be honest what would you call yourself....

Comment

When at a clientco I observe the people around me and give some of them nicknames to be used only by me and one or two ‘trusted’ individuals to amuse ourselves during the less exciting days. These nicknames always follow a similar pattern; Mr/Mrs/Miss <some sarcastic description>

Mr Charisma
            Mr Amazing
            Miss Charming
            Miss Madam
            Mr Incredible
            Mr Astonishing
            Mr Hygiene

Am I completely alone in this and utterly mad or do others have such unusual habits?
            Nope, we've two in our team: "Paedo", and "Brown Noise".

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              go on then be honest what would you call yourself....
              Mr Reallygivesatulip

Comment

Mr Charisma
                Mr Amazing
                Miss Charming
                Miss Madam
                Mr Incredible
                Mr Astonishing
                Mr Hygiene

We have a Mr Loreal because he makes a bad job of dying his greying ginger hair. He seems to use different shades, the funniest being jet black that contrasts his fair complexion. He thinks nobody notices but I have made up a game using Mr Loreal bingo cards with various colours.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I am only surprised at your gentlemanly monikers.

I don't think I would be half as polite if I had to put names to some of the creatures I see in the elevator every morning.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                    I am only surprised at your gentlemanly monikers.

I don't think I would be half as polite if I had to put names to some of the creatures I see in the elevator every morning.
                    They’re not all very nice. Trust me, you wouldn’t want to be in the same room as Mr Hygiene without a full biological warfare suit.

Comment

Working...
                    X