• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anyone been to Buttermere?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone been to Buttermere?

And could you make any suggestions re accommodation etc etc ta xxx

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
    It's 5 or so miles up the road from Buttermere but I can heartily recommend Winder Hall.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Thanks Dave! It looks lovely! cheers

Comment

It was a bit too desolate for me round Buttermere. I hope you like that.

Comment

Buttermere Lake, Cumbria

I thought it looked quite nice...

Comment

Anyone recognise the phrase "Cockermouth for Buttermere"?

Comment

Buttermere and Crummock Water are luvverly..... very, very quiet.... but thats to be expected....

Nowhere near as touristy as other parts of the lakes......

There used to be a small Hotel in Buttermere.... "The Fish"??....... Never stayed there myself but they do wonderful "Sticky Toffee Pudding"......

And another one "The Bridge"......

I used to stay in some cottages in Seatoller... just the other side of Honister Pass.....

and there are some decent B&B/Hotels in Keswick.....

and now I think of it there was a nice little village Grange that had some great Cottages.....

Great Gables is a "bracing" walk.... Park at Seathwaite.... do Green Gable, Windy Gap and then Great Gable.... then buy some Smoked Trout at the farm near the car....... Sorted!

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                Buttermere and Crummock Water are luvverly..... very, very quiet.... but thats to be expected....

Nowhere near as touristy as other parts of the lakes......

There used to be a small Hotel in Buttermere.... "The Fish"??....... Never stayed there myself but they do wonderful "Sticky Toffee Pudding"......

And another one "The Bridge"......

I used to stay in some cottages in Seatoller... just the other side of Honister Pass.....

and there are some decent B&B/Hotels in Keswick.....

and now I think of it there was a nice little village Grange that had some great Cottages.....

Great Gables is a "bracing" walk.... Park at Seathwaite.... do Green Gable, Windy Gap and then Great Gable.... then buy some Smoked Trout at the farm near the car....... Sorted!
                Thanks Drewster, I'm excited!

Comment

Working...
                X