• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How are you going to vote in the election?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are you going to vote in the election?

See poll
    Conservative
    47.06%
    Labour
    8.82%
    Liberal
    14.71%
    Other
    2.94%
    I'll decide on the night
    2.94%
    I'm spoiling my paper
    0.00%
    I'm not voting
    8.82%
    None of your business
    2.94%
    What election?
    5.88%
    AndyW
    5.88%

I'm not voting because I am not in the UK. I could vote but don't think that I should.

Comment

While I don't share the everything-Brown-does-is-dumb view, I think it's time they were out. However where I live (Durham City) it's a close run thing between Labour & LibDem. Given Norman's increased popularity I think we have a chance to get Labour out for the first time in years/decades, so we'll be voting LibDem. Of course we might only be strengthening a LabLibDem coalition, but hey at least I feel like our votes could genuinely affect something which in the North-East is not that common.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'm not voting as I'm not on the list - I could have arranged for a vote but it causes more problems than it's worth.

However, if I was ....... I have no idea. I think they are all a load of fracking merde (can we use rude words yet?).

Here in Bethnal Green it is held by Respect, Galloway's mob. He has moved on though. The only party that is likely to get them out is Labour. Neither of which I would ever vote for (hence not bothering to do anything about getting a vote).

At a national level, I suppose UKIP would be the least offensive.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Thank God this bunch of right-wing crazies are not representative of the British people.

Who I see are beginning to see through Posh Boy.
          Step outside posh boy

Comment

I had been leaning towards Liberal as an alternative to not voting in recent months, but their immigration amnesty policy is too potty for my liking and may be indicative of further pottiness to come. So I guess it's either no vote or Conservative.

Comment

Shouldn't the thread be titled who are you going to vote for, or which party?

I imagine the how is toddling along to your local polling place and casting a vote, like.

Which I can't do then again, I won't be around to feel the consequences.
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Saint Vince of Cable is my MP.

i'd like to keep it that way.

Were I living in a marginal seat, I'd be voting tactically to remove/block the Labour candidate.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I wonder how or whether government IT policy will change under the Conservatives wrt outsourcing and insourcing. New Labour went hell for leather on destroying UK IT and especially IT contractors, probably in return for jobs after office (or other perks) and to help India. Will this continue under the Tories?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    I wonder how or whether government IT policy will change under the Conservatives wrt outsourcing and insourcing. New Labour went hell for leather on destroying UK IT and especially IT contractors, probably in return for jobs after office (or other perks) and to help India. Will this continue under the Tories?
                    No; they certainly did; it certainly will.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X