• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm on benefits....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on benefits....

Screams the woman complaining to the interviewer at the airport about who is going to repay her hotel and food expenses from her extended trip in Gran Canaria -

words fail me
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Screams the woman complaining to the interviewer at the airport about who is going to repay her hotel and food expenses from her extended trip in Gran Canaria -

words fail me
    Well at least we know what the tax payers money is going on................
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Are people on benefits not allowed a normal lifestyle like everyone else?

Also Gran Canria is probably cheaper than holidaying in the UK.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

[QUOTE=threaded;1129808]Are people on benefits not allowed a normal lifestyle like everyone else?

QUOTE]

not while we're paying...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post

not while we're paying...
          One should look charitably on those less fortunate than ourselves. There but for the grace of God, and all that...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

words fail me

well, I say good luck to them if they can get away with it

it is the fault of the system not of these people

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              well, I say good luck to them if they can get away with it

it is the fault of the system not of these people

Milan.
              Absolutely, blame the game, not the player.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                Absolutely, blame the game, not the player.

that folks, is the problem with politics today,

you see, good luck to these people taking advantage of the system

if we however, want and think the system to be changed, what do we do about it, sweet fa, why ? because in today's world the average family (and I mean a household with joint income from 20k to 100k) is too busy have both partners working so that they can service their mortgage, debts, and lifestyle

look back 30 years and 1 income could service a mortgage and family, today it needs two

result being, no spare energy or capacity to have any inclination of getting involved in politics and influencing changes on subjects like this

all average joe can do today is, be a spectator

how many of us go to meetings of the local council, how many of us are members of the local council ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  that folks, is the problem with politics today,

you see, good luck to these people taking advantage of the system
                  You see it as a political problem, not that they're slaves.

There are a few fortunate people in the world who have their freedom, the rest are just slaves.

As slaves they're happy to see when another slave manages to tweak the nose of the boss.

Of course, there are always the mean-spirited slaves: the ones who look fondly on others getting a whipping for licking the pastry.

Comment

The problem is it will take about a generation to change.

You currently have 2nd and 3rd generation doleites who have made a career from milking the system

Until such time as we stop giving people money and start giving them food stamps etc so that all the state provides is food and a roof and NO luxuries you will not see anything change.

The main fear of most politicians is that during that transition period from what we have now to what we need to have there will be an increase in crime and social unrest as people move to stealing the luxuries that they have not earned.

It can be done - it takes a strong government and a strong populace.

Whether we will do it, well I doubt we have either of the above 2 prerequisites.

Comment

Working...
                    X