• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Request for Belgian Jokes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request for Belgian Jokes

Hi, one of my adverts which did really well on the Danish focus group fell rather flat on the Belgian test audience. Yes, of course it was translated.

So any Belgians, or any members of the congregation gathered here today who have experience of Belgians: would you please post examples of Belgian humour so I might gain an insight into what might please the target audience.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

In Flemish or French?

It's quite difficult really as what have the Belgians got to laugh about?

FFS, they're even smaller than Holland!
    (Dutch Humour).

Comment

There's a reason Douglas Admas used Belgium as an expletive......
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

You know when you've been in Belgium too long when ...

You consider it perfectly normal when the names of towns on road signs change from French to Dutch and vice versa every 5 or 10 kilometres of motorway.

Comment

Threaded, this one always go down a storm in the bars of Antwerp.

There was a Belgian, an Englishman and a Frenchman. The Frenchman fell off a cliff and died.

Comment

I take it then a comedic approach to advertising in Belgium is pointless?
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
              Hi, one of my adverts which did really well on the Danish focus group fell rather flat on the Belgian test audience. Yes, of course it was translated.

So any Belgians, or any members of the congregation gathered here today who have experience of Belgians: would you please post examples of Belgian humour so I might gain an insight into what might please the target audience.
              Surely a country that produced Tintin must be a bucket of laughs ...

They like to laugh at the French. To them the French accent sounds snooty.

Fungus

Comment

André Franquin, creater of Gaston le Gaffe, came from Belgium. A very good comic book, or at least I thought so 15 years ago when I was a but a mere mycelial thread.

Fungus

Comment

Far from it!

Originally posted by threaded
                  I take it then a comedic approach to advertising in Belgium is pointless?
                  Asterix
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

A friend of mine hates the Belgians with a passion - something to do with nicking his car. His favoutite joke (although he is deadly serious):

The Belgians are known for two things: chocaolate and paedaphilia. And they only invented the chocolate to get at the children.

Comment

Working...
                    X