• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Proof of BBC Bias

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proof of BBC Bias

If you go to the election seat calculator, set the Lib Dems to 46, others to 24, labour and conservative to 290. Then the conclusion is:

With this selection there is a hung parliament. Labour are the largest party, but are short of a majority by 36 seats.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Never attribute to ill-will what can be explained by incompetence.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      Never attribute to ill-will what can be explained by incompetence.
      Wow, not 2 seconds ago I put that on FB and here is the same quote. Must be the weather.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        If you go to the election seat calculator, set the Lib Dems to 46, others to 24, labour and conservative to 290. Then the conclusion is:

With this selection there is a hung parliament. Labour are the largest party, but are short of a majority by 36 seats.
        I am sure I saw an item on the Beeb the other day highlighting the current poll positions. Labour and LibDems both had 28% and the Tories had 32%. They then extrapolated those figures to show just how that would translate to the number of seats gained. It came out as Labour with 270+, Conservatives with 240+, and the LibDems with 90+.
        Unbelievable!!! In essence, for the same number of votes cast, NL get 3 MPs to every 1 that the LibDems get, and they are far better off than the Tories too.
        Democracy my arse!!!
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

On those numbers I'm getting
          With this selection there is a hung parliament. The Conservatives are the largest party, but are short of a majority by 36 seats.
          maybe it's random bias.

Comment

I blame the testers to the software.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If you go to the election seat calculator, set the Lib Dems to 46, others to 24, labour and conservative to 290[/I]
              I tried to follow your instructions but the sliders represent percentages, not numbers of seats, and after several minutes of dicking about I couldn't work out what percentages were needed to reproduce your findings. Perhaps you could give us figures we can actually replicate via the user interface provided?

Oh, and you might want to look up the word "proof" in your dictionary.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                On those numbers I'm getting
                With this selection there is a hung parliament. The Conservatives are the largest party, but are short of a majority by 36 seats.
                maybe it's random bias.
                I got;

I have come to know the parliament is hanging, isn't it? Mastek is the largest outsourced party, but is having a shortness of majority by 3600 ICT visas...

Comment

Maybe I'm just being thick this morning, but how does this prove BBC bias?
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Democracy my arse!!!
                    If you look at the old results, with today's boundaries, 1992 would have been a hung parliment, Thatcher's landslide in 1979 would have been a very small majority, and 1974's hung parliment would have actually been a Labour majority.

I don't understand why more hasn't been made of the boundaries being changed to obviously favour Labour.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X