• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The plan for today was ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The plan for today was ....

1. 07:30 Up early breakfast, daily domestic stuff
    2. 08:00 Business daily chores i.e. check o/n stuff OK
    3. 09:00 Refactor the charting bits on new web venture
    4. 14:00 Have my weekly bath and maybe a shave
    5. 15:00 Go down to library to use their quality printer for some screen shots & doc printing
    6. 15:45 Shopping for a couple of bit’s ‘n’ bob’s
    7. 16:00 Visit pub for some cheap beer on St. George’s day before it gets too busy.

It started so well, but I’m stuck at 3 with no idea what I’ve fracked up.

I might skip straight to 7 soon.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

I think now is a good time to skip to 7

come Monday the answer to 3's problems will present themselves

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      5. 15:00 Go down to library to use their quality printer for some screen shots & doc printing
      7. 16:00 Visit pub for some cheap beer on St. George’s day before it gets too busy.

Living the dream...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        I think now is a good time to skip to 7

come Monday the answer to 3's problems will present themselves
        They already have - update to previous revision.

And stop trying to refactor stuff HAB, you'll just balls it up

Comment

Well, I've done item 4 now. In 20-30 mins I'm moving on to item 7.

I'll be back on 3 tomorrow, none of this leave it until Monday lark here.

I really shouldn't be doing this development; I'm rubbish at it. Unfortunately I'm in a chicken and egg situation. I need to get something running and earning before I can get someone to help. In fact first thing is to leg-it abroad, then get someone to help me.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I had one thing to do today: figure out why NHibernate is spewing out 30,000 INFO messages per hour when all its log config is set to WARN. Got it within 10 minutes (show_sql=true, since you ask). The rest of the day has been rather pleasant.

Comment

The essence of programming

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

5 hours can pass by without moving from your seat. Nobody should interrupt. What the f**k have i done to it???? It was working!!!

ctrl-z ... will only get you so far!!!!

f**k f**k f**k, why didnt i back it up!!!!

but ... finally. .. you sort it out ... and leave your seat 1% further forward than you were 5 hour ago...plus a few more grey hairs...

Comment

Working...
              X