• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Caught by Mobile Speed Cameras

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caught by Mobile Speed Cameras

Received a fixed penalty notice for through the post for speeding after being caught by one of these mobile speed camera van thingys.

Does anyone know any ways out of having to pay the fine and also stopping the points?

Originally posted by Slumdog View Post
    Received a fixed penalty notice for through the post for speeding after being caught by one of these mobile speed camera van thingys.

Does anyone know any ways out of having to pay the fine and also stopping the points?
    Yeah, don't speed
    Me, me, me...

Comment

1) Were you speeding?

Comment

Don't waste your time on here, get over to PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice

Comment

How much too fast were you going? If it's 10 miles per hour too much (or less) than you may be able to attend a speed awareness course instead of getting points - the course is the same price as the fine.
          Loopy Loo

Comment

Originally posted by lje View Post
            How much too fast were you going? If it's 10 miles per hour too much (or less) than you may be able to attend a speed awareness course instead of getting points - the course is the same price as the fine.
            I hope this is possible. Was doing 47 in a 40

Comment

I hope this is possible. Was doing 47 in a 40
              10% + 3 mph.

Though I got 3 points for 46 in 40. So take that for what its worth
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

When I was caught by one the courses were only available for people breaking 30 limits.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

You state and admit you were overspeeding, pay the fine and eat the points. In future, dont go over the speed limit.

BTW mods the new forum design sucks balls big. I hate forums with small text size, too many icons and light grey color schemes.

Comment

Pay the fine and pay a skint student to take your points.

HTH
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X