• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has the face of British politics really been so transformed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has the face of British politics really been so transformed?

Nick Clegg has signalled he would speak to the Conservatives first about the formation of a minority government if Labour came third by share of the vote on 6 May, says the Guardian.
    Holy crap, is it really the case that two TV appearances have boosted LibDem into a strong challenger? I see references to some important poll on the BBC, but can't find the poll itself.

Have the TV debates seriously been responsible for the biggest shake-up in voting patterns for decades?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Holy crap, is it really the case that two TV appearances have boosted LibDem into a strong challenger? I see references to some important poll on the BBC, but can't find the poll itself.

Have the TV debates seriously been responsible for the biggest shake-up in voting patterns for decades?
    Possibly, but Libs need to gain power to create a track record from which a true identity can be established. At the moment they are doing well partly because of Clegg but largely because of a desire to give the established parties a good kicking.

However the election is being fought on the same tired old battlelines, Tory cuts vs Left wing spending etc etc. All thes parties talk about is spending. There is no attempt to debate the welfare system and how to rid society of poor people. It is also assumed that money grows on trees.

I was watching BBC this morning and they were running a feature on swansea's relience on public sector jobs and saying how devastating cuts would be to the area. No question was asked about why there is not enough Industry or business being created to enable swansea to stand on its own two feet.

I think the electorate are having some fun with Tories and Labour.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
    X