• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The official "I'd rather get banned than like new forum design" thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The official "I'd rather get banned than like new forum design" thread

This long smilie thing is pissing me off - is nobody testing it in FF2 now?

What long smilie thing?

Comment

It's fine in FF 3.6
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        What long smilie thing?
        Try it on IE6 etc, you'll see!

Comment

This is a bit like broadband users moaning that dial up is slow.

Why use ancient technology ?
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            This long smilie thing is pissing me off - is nobody testing it in FF2 now?
            Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            What long smilie thing?
            I belive Alexi is making an attempt at humour but highlighting the complaints of those members using IE6 by juxtaposing them against a complaint erroneous behavior when viewing the sight with an equally venerable browser that was never as widely adopted and hence which no-one in their right mind would be using today.

Then again I could be wrong and he is just whinging for the sake of it. Wouldn't be the first time
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              It's fine in FF 3.6
              It's not fine in FF 2.0.x

Also headers are massively wasting real estate on my monitor - this whole nice and slick design is totally unCUK

Comment

I'm typing this in IE6. Not sure what the problem is. Smilies look fine to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  I'm typing this in IE6. Not sure what the problem is. Smilies look fine to me.
                  Then you should not be posting in this thread then!!!

Comment

Originally posted by atw View Post
                    this long smilie thing is pissing me off - is nobody testing it in ff2 now?
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X