• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The official "I was going to vote Cons but I changed my mind" thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The official "I was going to vote Cons but I changed my mind" thread

Fking Cameron - I was going to vote for him, but clearly there seems to be no difference between Nu Liebor and Cons, why does he expect to get votes?

He is not saying the right things - cutting proper Govt waste, VAT increase if necessary to repay debt, proper solution to problem of rampast house inflation etc etc etc.

If Clegg manages to even sustain their current level of support then I am voting Liberal - maybe my vote will be wasted, but at least I won't be voting for Liebor's 4th term

I expect I will revert to Plan A and not vote for any of the sheisters.

Comment

Your post just shows you up as not really aware of the politics in the system. Cameron wont really give any specific details on how he will cut the deficit, wont really say how many divesity managers he will cut. Firstly if any of his specific plans get popular Labout will steal it. Second, if its unpopular he will lose those the votes of the people affected. Why lose the votes of the Diversity Managers by telling that he will cut them ?
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        Your post just shows you up as not really aware of the politics in the system. Cameron wont really give any specific details on how he will cut the deficit, wont really say how many divesity managers he will cut. Firstly if any of his specific plans get popular Labout will steal it. Second, if its unpopular he will lose those the votes of the people affected. Why lose the votes of the Diversity Managers by telling that he will cut them ?
        And why would he cut costs if he is in power and wants to get reelected again? I don't think he'll be doing the right thing at all - he already pretty much ruled out VAT increase, which would have been best quickest way to deal with deficit tax-raising-wise.

I don't see much difference between Liebor and Tories - opposition should not expect to get elected by saying they will continue with policies of the previous Govt.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Fking Cameron - I was going to vote for him, but clearly there seems to be no difference between Nu Liebor and Cons, why does he expect to get votes?
          It's not Cameron's fault. Normally after 13 years a government gets too big for its boots, stops listening to the people and starts thinking it was born to rule. If in addition the Prime Minister is not likeable and is unpopular, and the country is in recession, and in an unpopular war, the leader of the opposition would naturally think that it would be enough to be just that. No need for policies, just proclaim "I'm not him" and wait for your turn.

Unfortunatels for Cameron, this stable plan has been upset. That's why the Tory press is making arses of themselves trying to dish out any dirt they can on Clegg: because he is not part of the plan.

Frankly I'm inclined to vote LibDem on the grounds that its a vote against Rupert Murdoch.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            the leader of the opposition would naturally think that it would be enough to be just that.
            Well, he fked up royally: they did not want to attack Brown in fear that he will get replaced by anyone else, but now Cameron is paying the price.

I reckon if there were no Lib Dems, then Nue Liebor would actually win the elections, no tulip!

Hence, I'll be casting my vote for Lib Dems - if anything this should help them get more popular votes, maybe the system will get changed after all because it is total bollox for a party to win massive number of seats in Parliament with less votes than other parties.

Comment

Well, he fked up royally: they did not want to attack Brown in fear that he will get replaced by anyone else, but now Cameron is paying the price.

I reckon if there were no Lib Dems, then Nue Liebor would actually win the elections, no tulip!

Hence, I'll be casting my vote for Lib Dems - if anything this should help them get more popular votes, maybe the system will get changed after all because it is total bollox for a party to win massive number of seats in Parliament with less votes than other parties.
              I bet the lib dems will be thrilled to know that they have your vote
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                I bet the lib dems will be thrilled to know that they have your vote
                I might make a sizeable donation in the future also.

Comment

Are the Monster Raving Loony party still going?
                  Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

I might make a sizeable donation in the future also.
                    Is this the same parallel future where MJ12 rules the cyberwaves?
                    Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X