• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBc iplayer abroad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBc iplayer abroad

I know this has came up from time to time and I've never given it much attention until I've found myself out here in Germany.

I installed onspeed. As it's servers are UK based iPlayer works a charm now.

As for Berlin, it 23 degrees when I arrived this morning, and there's lots of green. I can tell I'm going to need a car I'm not exactly in the city...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I know this has came up from time to time and I've never given it much attention until I've found myself out here in Germany.

I installed onspeed. As it's servers are UK based iPlayer works a charm now.

As for Berlin, it 23 degrees when I arrived this morning, and there's lots of green. I can tell I'm going to need a car I'm not exactly in the city...
    umm welcome to Germany, yup it's warmer here and was there a question in your post or simply and observation?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

It's raining in Berlin now. Did you bring this with you?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post

It's raining in Berlin now. Did you bring this with you?
        sorry -

feels cooler too... was feeling homesick until the shower, all is fine now
        Last edited by scooterscot; 26 April 2010, 15:35.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          umm welcome to Germany, yup it's warmer here and was there a question in your post or simply and observation?
          Just an observation driven out of pure determination that I shall not be defeated by the machine.

I think I've found a good source of apartments,

I'm going to need a car I know, 40 minutes outside the city, so do I drive out to Germany or not... ugh

Oh and one final observation, I think I'll need to learn some German -

Comment

Oh and one final observation, I think I'll need to learn some German -
            **** me, really? Surely Japanese would be better?
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              **** me, really? Surely Japanese would be better?
              Really, the English is not working that well out here in the sticks -

Comment

Really, the English is not working that well out here in the sticks -
                Doesn't seem to work that well in London either Watch out, you're in the east of Germany now where they still distrust foreigners If anyone has a go at you, just reply 'Lech mich.'
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                X