• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best way to get to Central London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to get to Central London

I need to central London on sat, what is the best of doing this.

Is a Train straight from Birmingham the best option or can I drive to outskirts of London, leave my car (ideally somewhere safe) then get a train into central?

Not really looked at coach option

Cheers

To a small degree it would depend on where you're coming from, where you're going to, what you're going to do when you're there, when you're coming back, how many are travelling together, do you have a fixed arrival time, do you have a fixed departure time, are you taking anything with you?

Other than that, take the car.

Or maybe the train.

Comment

One person (me)

From Birmingham to "central" London, the end destination is the Docklands

Comment

If you are going on Sat, I suggest driving all the way to your final destination. Unless you want a pint whilst you are there.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

A Private helicopter might be the best option....
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Drive into central London. Park car. Do your thing. Drive home.

This will almost certainly be cheaper than the train. Plus you won't have to sit next to any chavs, unless you married one.
            Cats are evil.

Comment

John Lewis have parking in CW first hour free last time I was there. Put their address in your satnav sorted.

They are next to Docklands railway if you need to go somewhere else, as no parking, dead ends and one way systems are all over Docklands.
              Last edited by alreadypacked; 27 April 2010, 07:12.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                John Lewis have parking in CW first hour free last time I was there. Put their address in your satnav sorted.

They are next to Docklands railway if you need to go somewhere else, as parking, dead ends and one way systems are all over Docklands.
                Be prepared to be questioned by security and to have your car swept for explosives if you do drive onto the Canary Wharf estate.

That will be preferable to leaving your car off the estate though, although you haven't actually said where in Docklands you are aiming for.

Comment

Working...
                X