• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At this juncture

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this juncture

I have just accepted a 2 month extension with ClientCo. Very pleased to get it. But it dawned on me this morning, after all I have done, troubleshooted, improved, endured, learned and witnessed . . . .

I am bored.

I took on a BA role and am missing the dirty hands on coding. Don't get me wrong, I have no desire to be a programmer all my life, but by the same token I find listening to stakeholders winge on and one, and moving "at the speed of people" is losing it's appeal.

It lacks something. Problem solving I think. Churning out specs all day long is ok for a time, but man cannot live on bread alone. Some sort of hybrid role?

Am I just a bedwetter, or does anyone on here "get" this and can offer some pearl?

[Extremely grateful to be working and invoicing - before anyone gets 'uppety']
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I have just accepted a 2 month extension with ClientCo. Very pleased to get it. But it dawned on me this morning, after all I have done, troubleshooted, improved, endured, learned and witnessed . . . .

I am bored.

I took on a BA role and am missing the dirty hands on coding. Don't get me wrong, I have no desire to be a programmer all my life, but by the same token I find listening to stakeholders winge on and one, and moving "at the speed of people" is losing it's appeal.

It lacks something. Problem solving I think. Churning out specs all day long is ok for a time, but man cannot live on bread alone. Some sort of hybrid role?

Am I just a bedwetter, or does anyone on here "get" this and can offer some pearl?

It's a 2 month extension not a prison sentence - invoice, invoice, invoice.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      It's a 2 month extension not a prison sentence - invoice, invoice, invoice.
      au contraire. The pattern is good contractors get renewed. My renewal would have been until the end of the year if there was budget in place. In two months time there will be budget in place and a lengthy renewal is on the cards. Hence the conundrum. I am pretty lousy at "just invoicing" and actually take pride and enjoyment in what I do. If I don't have this then I get down. Noticeably down.

Comment

take the 2 months and look for something else, if nothing come then take the possible extension.

Comment

au contraire. The pattern is good contractors get renewed. My renewal would have been until the end of the year if there was budget in place. In two months time there will be budget in place and a lengthy renewal is on the cards. Hence the conundrum. I am pretty lousy at "just invoicing" and actually take pride and enjoyment in what I do. If I don't have this then I get down. Noticeably down.
          You need to grow a pair
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Suity, I think you need to re-evalute your definition of problem solving. That is one of the thngs a BA does?
            I think you need to really think about why you don't like what you are doing. Handling whinging people is an excercise in problem solving (i.e. how can I make these people happy, how can I make this better)
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              Suity, I think you need to re-evalute your definition of problem solving. That is one of the thngs a BA does?
              I think you need to really think about why you don't like what you are doing. Handling whinging people is an excercise in problem solving (i.e. how can I make these people happy, how can I make this better)
              Good post
              I think sometimes people thrive on moaning and if they have nothing to moan about they are not happy. [This is not me btw]

I will have a deeper think, like you say.

Comment

Well Done

I am bored.
                Yep. Reading this....

Yep. Whinging. Yep. Got it.

Hybrid is good. I do hybrid. Gets you more opportunities and you dont need to be a master of any one area.

Just what is that smell? Sniff sniff. Its like ammonia, every time you post!?!?

Kerchiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg gggggggg!
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Usual tulipe
                    You came bounding in like an over eager puppy as usual. I suggest you just pissed your puppy pads and this explains the smell.

Now fook off, I'm thinking about Zippy's post.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X