• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google local business results

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google local business results

I hate them. I have spent good money on a site, registered it with google and google local business and google maps, done my SEO bits and pieces, made it locally relevant. Waited patiently for weeks.

Now, if I use the keywords "Computer repair Luton" I do not appear in 20 pages of local business results.

On the first page of local business results there is a company listed that doesn't even have a frakin site

And the other sites look crap and don't include any of the "must do's" to be anywhere on glb results.

Just what the heck do you have to do to be anywhere on glb?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

What have you done so far to try and ensure a local listing? Would be good to know as there are more than a handful or criteria used to ensure a good local listing from what I understand. Has been a couple of years since I looked at them but I know that there is little point in trying to get natural listings for some search terms due to the domination of local listings.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
      What have you done so far to try and ensure a local listing? Would be good to know as there are more than a handful or criteria used to ensure a good local listing from what I understand. Has been a couple of years since I looked at them but I know that there is little point in trying to get natural listings for some search terms due to the domination of local listings.
      Ensure content is locally relevant eg "We are a computer and laptop repair company in Luton and surrounding areas"

Ensure address and contact number is on every page. (Using HCard)

Ensure keywords are in the title eg "Computer and laptop repair in Luton"

Register with local (free) directory listings to get back links.

Register with GLB
      Register with google maps

Meta tag for keywords.
      Last edited by suityou01; 27 April 2010, 08:47.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
      X