• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Modis - Watford

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modis - Watford

Good agency?

They're ok, I deal with a chap called Jon Gibbs. He's a bit wet but does a reasonable job. Their payroll can be interesting if you're on monthly self-billing though.

Comment

Modis - bad experience here

Nice and professional until was time to sign. All of a sudden the rate and duration changed (not to my benefit). Things went rapidly downhill from there.

2 out of 9 Invoices have been paid on agreed time. The excuses have been quite amazing, particularly some of the ones that completely contradicted previous statements. I had to drag the client into it to eventually get paid. At this stage it also came out that client was very surprised to hear that they supposedly negotiated rates and duration... hmmm....

One example I supose I can mention is that I filled in their expense claim as per their sample (convert EUR into GBP). It took 25 days of their weekly payment cycle to to get back to me and ask me to re-invoice in EUR.

I deal with a chap called Simon Weston, London based - I am not sure whether it's him or Modis, but I'm still having problems, as does another colleague over here - and he's been working through them for 6 months.

Cheers
      Mike

Comment

Admin's basically OK, but a bit fascistic (they ignored my invoices and just do it on hours, which makes it a bugger to account). If you get one of their standard contracts they're very much about supervision and control, yes-sir-no-sir. Get their 'project contract' instead which is much more sensible.
        I've just used them for payrolling, not recruiting, so I can't speak about that side.

Comment

Working...
        X