• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B - get a very senior permanent role with all the benefits - why not?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B - get a very senior permanent role with all the benefits - why not?

Why don't more of you do this?
    When you get older and have a family, its no kind of life to contract around the country or abroad (unless of course you have a steady long term contract).
    So why don't more of you go permie?
    I realise not all will get ot the level where you'll be headhunted but surely it beats being an itinerant jobber for a living.
    Is it simply your IT geek skills preclude the ability to "do politics" - something that is absolutely necessary in the real world?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Why don't more of you do this?
    When you get older and have a family, its no kind of life to contract around the country or abroad (unless of course you have a steady long term contract).
    So why don't more of you go permie?
    I realise not all will get ot the level where you'll be headhunted but surely it beats being an itinerant jobber for a living.
    Is it simply your IT geek skills preclude the ability to "do politics" - something that is absolutely necessary in the real world?
    I think you will find that when most on here want career advice from pretentious yokels, there are other forums that offer a better service.
    Stop allowing the fact that you have been headhunted by "Janitors'R'Us" colour your judgment. You are still the same feeble-minded wannabe you ever were.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Nice weather in Amsterdam today.

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        I think you will find that when most on here want career advice from pretentious yokels, there are other forums that offer a better service.
        Stop allowing the fact that you have been headhunted by "Janitors'R'Us" colour your judgment. You are still the same feeble-minded wannabe you ever were.

HTH

I wondered when the resident windbag would turn up.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

2/10 attempt at trolling, your wind up skills need perfecting.. HTH
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
            2/10 attempt at trolling, your wind up skills need perfecting.. HTH
            He's quite correct. No point continuing to pimp your skills in a young mans game. Best to get wise and go perm.

I did, then get fed up and jacked it, now contracting again, thinking why did I just give up a £100k+ job!
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              thinking why did I just give up a £100k+ job!
              Wasn't it because you got fed up?
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                Wasn't it because you got fed up?
                And I got a woman boss! No woman telling me what to do!!!!!
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I remember working for McDonalds too. Hot weather always a slow frying day but those guys in the McFlurry section are rushed off their collective feets...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    And I got a woman boss! No woman telling me what to do!!!!!
                    I think you may find that one or two will be along in a minute ....

Comment

Working...
                    X