• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan Z

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan Z

When all else fails and you have given up looking for work, or you’ve reach retirement what do you fancy doing?
    I’m working on getting back to the sun anyway , but if I wasn’t writing old toot about XXXXXXXX , my plan Z really would be from outer space – I fancy having a go at writing science fiction.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Busking in the streets of some warm, pleasant and cheap city far away from here.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Teach the Greeks to play cricket, seeing as they’ll all have bugger all else to do shortly.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The only thing that keeps me doing IT is the money. I’d got close to earning enough to jack it in and then go and do something else with the mortgage paid off and then along came this f**king financial credit crunchie bank managers can’t run banks thingummy, clients went bust and left me high and dry, and now trying to get back to square one. But seriously, I’ll carry on for as long as I really need to, and not one minute longer. It’s not IT that gets me down; I quite like the technical stuff. It’s being in the corporate environment that I find so soul destroying. What’s worse is I’m surrounded by people who believe the corporate career dream.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          The only thing that keeps me doing IT is the money. I’d got close to earning enough to jack it in and then go and do something else with the mortgage paid off and then along came this f**king financial credit crunchie bank managers can’t run banks thingummy, clients went bust and left me high and dry, and now trying to get back to square one. But seriously, I’ll carry on for as long as I really need to, and not one minute longer. It’s not IT that gets me down; I quite like the technical stuff. It’s being in the corporate environment that I find so soul destroying. What’s worse is I’m surrounded by people who believe the corporate career dream.
          Post of the week for me, empathise totally!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            That's NL, when I worked there it was full career types. I would make-up something, say it was the newest thing in UK or USA and watch them rush back to their desk to google it.
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Post of the week for me, empathise totally!
              Steady on, it's only Monday!
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                When all else fails and you have given up looking for work, or you’ve reach retirement what do you fancy doing?
                I’m working on getting back to the sun anyway , but if I wasn’t writing old toot about XXXXXXXX , my plan Z really would be from outer space – I fancy having a go at writing science fiction.
                Beer.

Microbrewery making my own ale. Don't really care if I can make money out of it or not, more than likely it would be 'not' anyway.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    Or Wednesday.

Comment

Working...
                    X